ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anammahmud

Maintenance required

Post by anammahmud » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:38 pm

Dear all,

I am looking to apply for my wife who is in the UK with TIER 2 dependent visa. I have got my ILR. My financial situation is as follows:

1. I was employed up to January 2020 - my total employment income for the last 10 months (2019-20) was £13,000. Since Feb 2020 I am working as a self employed and for Feb & March 2020 my total self employment in come was £3,500 before tax.
2. My wife is working and her 2019-20 was around £9,000;

Accordingly, our total income in the last 12 was more than £18,600, but my earning was not solely from employment. 10 months was employment and 2 months from self-employment.

- My concern, as I know self-employment income should be for at least one year but my self employment was in 2019-20 tax year was only 2 months. In such cases , I need advice if I can apply for my wife's visa?

Thanks,

Anam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance required

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:43 am

That fresh self employment with no previous self assessment filling won't be considered. However, assuming your wife is not working for you then may use her income with your previously earned income under category B provided working on salaried income of at least £18600 or the combination of both of your income (excluding self employment) during the last 6 months was at least £9300.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.