ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future ILR Applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mulkmulk
inactive
United Kingdom

When can I apply for ILR (spouse visa)

Post by mulkmulk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:11 pm

Hi,

On May 23rd 2015 (stamped in passport) my wife arrived in the United Kingdom on a spouse visa (5 year route).

Its now coming up to 23rd May 2020 and exactly 60 months (5 years) since she has been in the United Kingdom. Her Biometric Card card expires on the 3rd September 2020.

How soon can I submit a ILR application? Really confused and would appreciate help :|

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When can I apply for ILR (spouse visa)

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:13 pm

mulkmulk wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:11 pm
Hi,

On May 23rd 2015 (stamped in passport) my wife arrived in the United Kingdom on a spouse visa (5 year route).

Its now coming up to 23rd May 2020 and exactly 60 months (5 years) since she has been in the United Kingdom. Her Biometric Card card expires on the 3rd September 2020.

How soon can I submit a ILR application? Really confused and would appreciate help :|
28 days before completing the 60 months since arrived to UK
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mulkmulk
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by mulkmulk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:22 pm

Thanks for response but I have spoken to solicitor and they said 28 days before 3rd September 2020.

I am confused have they changed the rules

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:26 pm

There has been NO change to the rules.

It clearly states the earliest you can apply within 28 days before reaching 60 months residence, counting from date of entry to the UK otherwise it is an OR at the latest before the current visa expires.

Your solicitor is wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saggadon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Future ILR Applications

Post by saggadon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi,

We all know that the UKVisas Service Centres have decided to close due to Coronavirus.

My Wifes ILR application was due to be submitted in early May 2020 (BNP expires in September 2020) but if we cannot book appointments for biometrics how will we be able to submit our applications. Have the biometrics been exempt?

Pretty odd that local small newsagents are open but they decide to close UK Visa Service Centres

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Future ILR Applications

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:16 pm

Why have you registered a second username??? Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum.

member/mulkmulk/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:17 pm

saggadon wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:00 pm
Hi,

We all know that the UKVisas Service Centres have decided to close due to Coronavirus.

My Wifes ILR application was due to be submitted in early May 2020 (BNP expires in September 2020) but if we cannot book appointments for biometrics how will we be able to submit our applications. Have the biometrics been exempt?

Pretty odd that local small newsagents are open but they decide to close UK Visa Service Centres
No, biometrics have not been "exempted"!! They will resume when it is safe to do so!!!

You don't have up to 50 people waiting in a newsagent do you!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:31 pm

saggadon wrote:

Nothing odd as newsagents sell food too and that is why are exempted from this lockdown but with relatively shorter operational hours.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

saggadon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by saggadon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:16 pm
Why have you registered a second username??? Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum.

member/mulkmulk/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Apologies but I forgot my password for my other account. Ive been trying all day to reset it and it failed

saggadon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by saggadon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:17 pm
saggadon wrote:
Hi,

No, biometrics have not been "exempted"!! They will resume when it is safe to do so!!!

You don't have up to 50 people waiting in a newsagent do you!!!
On the last visa they allowed the post office to process biometrics. Why on earth has it changed?

All Post Offices are open

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:37 pm

Not possible anymore as all applications are online. The whole system changed in November 2018, so not a new or recent change.

Nothing you can do about it really other than wait till the centres reopen. It is not as if the visa is expiring in the next couple of weeks either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm

[quote=CR001 post_id=1891881 time=1585686385 user_id=70994]
There has been NO change to the rules.

It clearly states the earliest you can apply within 28 days before reaching 60 months residence, counting from date of entry to the UK otherwise it is an [b][u]OR[/u][/b] at the latest before the current visa expires.

Your solicitor is wrong.
[/quote]

Is it 28 days before the date of entry to the UK or date of visa issue - say someone got visa on 13th May, entered UK on that visa on 28th June - then he will be eligible in 01 June or 14th April ?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:59 pm

zamanam wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm
Is it 28 days before the date of entry to the UK or date of visa issue - say someone got visa on 13th May, entered UK on that visa on 28th June - then he will be eligible in 01 June or 14th April ?
Thanks
Please continue your questions in your own topic.

PBS route has completely different rules to the spouse visa route and you will only created confusion tagging onto other non relevant topics!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:29 pm

Okay apologies - I think I posted another question in another group apologies - I was trying to read and I don't repeat the question but seems its not working. Apologies again for this and another post.
Thanks