ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for child due to ilr delay due to virus

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

biradarsk01
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship for child due to ilr delay due to virus

Post by biradarsk01 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:44 pm

Thank very much once again for your helpful answers.

I have another question related to my son's citizenship. My ILR is under progress and worried that wont get it before my 3 years old UK born son's visa expires due to Biometric appointment postpone.

Can I apply UK born child citizenship after his visa expires?

Also, if both parent ILR, can we apply citizenship for non UK born child? (she has been staying in UK for more than 5 years)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for child due to ilr delay due to virus

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:57 pm

A UK born child can be registered as British only when either parent has ilr. The child does not need a valid visa to apply for citizenship.they have an entitlement to register as British.

Non UK born child requires ilr and can then only apply for citizenship when either parent also applies and the other has ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.