ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application rule outside home country

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lapie
Newly Registered

Visa application rule outside home country

Post by lapie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:57 am

Hi,

I am an Indian who is going to Paris for 3 months. Can I apply for Visa's in Paris for other countries or do I need to come back to the home country and then do the same.

Thanks
Last edited by lapie on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:10 am

It might be helpful to say what other countries!

If one of the countries is the UK, then no, the British Embassy in Paris would not accept the visa application. You would need to make an application for a UK visa before leaving India.
John

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Visa application rule outside home country

Post by sakura » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:36 am

lapie wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian who is going to Paris for 3 months. Can I apply for Visa's in Paris for other countries or do I need to come back to the home country and then do the same.

Thanks,
Jaiparan Singh Khurana
Which country/ies? What type of visa? Another tourist visa, or a residence permit for another EU/EEA country?

As John mentioned, the UK won't accept your application; likewise the USA and probably other countries (e.g. Australia, Canada, NZ, etc), as you should normally have a residence permit (i.e. not simply a tourist visa) in order to apply for a visa at that embassy.

lapie
Newly Registered

Post by lapie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Other countries would be Egypt, Algeria, and Other Schengen Nations as my Visa is a France Only Visa

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:09 pm

lapie wrote:Other countries would be Egypt, Algeria, and Other Schengen Nations as my Visa is a France Only Visa
What type of French Visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:24 am

lapie wrote:Other countries would be Egypt, Algeria, and Other Schengen Nations as my Visa is a France Only Visa
You'll need to apply for the Egypt and Algeria visas in India itself, as you are only a visitor to France and are normally resident in India.

Your French visa(whatever type it is) will be valid for visits to other Schenegan countries, so you don't need additional visas for those.

and as mentioned earlier, if you are planning to visit the UK, you'll need to apply for that visa in India itself.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:14 pm

gani999 wrote: Your French visa(whatever type it is) will be valid for visits to other Schenegan countries, so you don't need additional visas for those.
Not if it is type D.

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:08 pm

86ti wrote:
gani999 wrote: Your French visa(whatever type it is) will be valid for visits to other Schenegan countries, so you don't need additional visas for those.
Not if it is type D.
He has mentioned very clearly that he is planning to stay in France only for three months. That makes it obvious that he doesn't have a Type D visa, which is for longer stays.

and even with a type D visa, one can travel around the Schenegan countries if one has applied for the Titre-d-Sejour, and has obtained an acknowldegement from the Perfecture.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:30 am

gani999 wrote:and even with a type D visa, one can travel around the Schengen countries if one has applied for the Titre-d-Sejour, and has obtained an acknowldegement from the Perfecture.
Can you back this up with some reference? What residence title would one with a type D visa get? I have trouble to believe that a mere confirmation of the application would be sufficient. And, it is interesting to see that obviously France issues residence titles for short stayers. France doesn't issude D+C visa then?

gani999

Post by gani999 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:22 pm

86ti wrote: Can you back this up with some reference? What residence title would one with a type D visa get? I have trouble to believe that a mere confirmation of the application would be sufficient. And, it is interesting to see that obviously France issues residence titles for short stayers. France doesn't issude D+C visa then?

If you can read French, go through this.

http://www.poleuniv-lille-npdc.fr/n_tel ... 2_Visa.pdf

if not I'll translate it for you in due course.