ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Visa for Dependents !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majic

Applying Visa for Dependents !!

Post by majic » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Dear All,

I moved to the UK on HSMP visa on in July 2008. I got a job which i shall start on the 26th of August. I have a wife and a Son for whom i did not apply for a visa.

Now that I have a job and I want to apply for their visa as my dependents. I understand that Maintenance Funds amounting to £1600 / dependents should be in the bank account for 3 Month.

My bank account is about 1 month and 10 days old. This money that I have got in my bank account here was decleared by me in my EC application when it was in a Pakistani Bank.

Question is simple: Can I combine my pakistani bank statement used for acquiring EC and my British Bank statement to complete the 3 month period?

Regards

Faisal.

antouk

Post by antouk » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:41 pm

if u r in hsmp, u need not show maintenance of funds for ur dependent applications.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

majic

Post by majic » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:08 am

Dear Sir,

Yes i am on HSMP. Are u very sure that I dont need to fulfill the maintenance requirement? If yes what form do I need to fill up VAF2 because it also has an option box for dependent of a person in employment category. or some other form ?

Please be detailed.

Regards

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:19 am

The following extract is from the guidance notes for Tier 1 dependents:
30. If the Tier 1 migrant (the main applicant) is
outside the United Kingdom or has been present in
the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the
family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that
he/she, the main applicant, or (for children) his/her
other parent who is also legally present in the United
Kingdom has at least £1600 to support the family
member in addition to any funds the main applicant
needs to prove he/she has enough money to support
himself/herself.
As such, you do need to prove the maintenance requirement. Unless antouk can show policy to the contrary, I would suggest that you disregard their advice in this respect.

I cannot answer your query regarding combining statements, however.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:45 pm

Well, what "antouk" has stated is true .. but also subject to condition(s) and based on information from BHC / VAC in India from where his dependents made an application (successfully). As per VFS India, if an Indian HSMP applicant received his entry clearance before 01-Apr (the day Tier 1 was intorduced in India), then his dependents need not show maintenance funds (as prescribed in Tier 1 policy guidance) to support their EC application. Also, they get to pay lower fees and need to use use VAF2 form. See this.

While one may be tempted to assume that UKBA / BHC would apply the same rules irrespective of where the dependent application is made from, it might not be wise make such an assumption. It would be best that the OP confirms application procedures from local BHC / VAC in his country.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

antouk

Post by antouk » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 am

sorry i forgot to mention. so far i've seen cases only from india who get exception for maintenance of funds, as suggested by sushdmehta it is better to write to the local VFS/UKBA to verify whether this is applicable globally.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:04 am

While one may be tempted to assume that UKBA / BHC would apply the same rules irrespective of where the dependent application is made from, it might not be wise make such an assumption.
The provisional system for India was announced and described. No such process has been announced for the rest of us, unfortunately. Furthermore, the British High Commission website (in NZ at least) states that main applicants with HSMP approval letters must prove the Tier 1 maintenance requirement so it would be inconsistent if their dependents were exempt.

antouk

Post by antouk » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:59 pm

@niw2,
i think u r mistaken. it is not inconsistent. ppl. who r having the hsmp letter shud prove the maintenance of fund and r getting visas stamped for 3 yrs, which is tier 1. obviously maintenance of fund rule applies to their dependents as well.

but for ppl who got their EC approved before 1st of april(for india) and 29 june(for rest of the world, not sure abt the date tho) might not have shown the maintenance of funds, so applies to their dependends as well.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:54 am

You might be right, but I have not seen any printed policy expressly exempting dependents and I would be wary of assuming that such a policy existed (as Sush also noted above). Plus we dont know when his EC was granted, of course, and I have been assuming that his was granted after June based on the comment that he has been there since July.