ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Belfast Ferryport Immigration Check

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

horsetail
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Belfast Ferryport Immigration Check

Post by horsetail » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 pm

My cousin has come from Somalia and is studying a course in Cork to Improve his English.
He is presently in Belfast and wants to pop into the main land via Stenaline for just two days.
He has not applied for his papers and wonders if there is a 24X7X365 immigration check at Belfast Ferry port when going to England from Northern Ireland. Anyone please give confidential feedback

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Belfast Ferryport Immigration Check

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 am

So does he have a visit visa for the UK?

If not, he is in Belfast Northern Ireland, ie the UK, illegally.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:23 am

I haven't taken that ferry, but it would be odd given that Belfast and Britain are part of the same nation.

Going to Northern Ireland, part of the UK, without a visa, was probably against the law, though of course I am not a lawyer.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Answering the question, there is no immigration check. Occasionally there’s police checkpoint.

However, given the current situation, there are very few people taking the ferry and there is increased police patrol in both ports. If he is caught it is more than likely that he will be arrested as an illegal immigrant. If he is caught in NI he might be given a caution and a stamp on his passport, and he might be returned to Ireland. If he is caught in the mainland he might be directly deported to Somalia.