ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics enrollment through post office?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imane
Newly Registered
Morocco

Biometrics enrollment through post office?

Post by Imane » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:56 pm

Hello, Same scenario as many of us here I guess, I can’t book an appointment for the biometrics because of the corona uncertainty, etc. in my application it says I must do it before May 2020.
I contacted HO Coronavirus helpline and they replied saying I can still go to the post office for my biometrics?! I didn’t receive any biometrics letter from the HO and I thought the only way is through that new booking system UKCAS or something like that. Anyway, my question is: in your online application, once completed and paid etc, did any of you received a letter from HO with biometrics?? Did you get your biometric letter online with your checklist ? Because I only can download referees form, checklist and my own application. I don’t see any biometric letter to take it to the post office.
My 2nd question, did anyone tried to do their biometrics through the post office?

Thank you for sharing your experience on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometrics enrollment through post office?

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:08 pm

You do NOT get a biometric letter to download to enable you to enroll biometrics at the Post Office.

If HO does not send a letter, you can't use the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imane
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Imane » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

Am I supposed to receive a letter from HO for my biometrics if it’s for the naturalisation application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Imane wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:22 pm
Am I supposed to receive a letter from HO for my biometrics if it’s for the naturalisation application?
No you don't get a letter. You need to book a UKCVAS appointment once the centres reopen for identity check and biometrics. Once that is completed, only then do UKCVAS send your uploaded documents electronically to HO. You need to uplooad all your supporting documents before your biometrics appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Imane wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:56 pm
Hello, Same scenario as many of us here I guess, I can’t book an appointment for the biometrics because of the corona uncertainty, etc. in my application it says I must do it before May 2020.
I contacted HO Coronavirus helpline and they replied saying I can still go to the post office for my biometrics?! I didn’t receive any biometrics letter from the HO and I thought the only way is through that new booking system UKCAS or something like that. Anyway, my question is: in your online application, once completed and paid etc, did any of you received a letter from HO with biometrics?? Did you get your biometric letter online with your checklist ? Because I only can download referees form, checklist and my own application. I don’t see any biometric letter to take it to the post office.
My 2nd question, did anyone tried to do their biometrics through the post office?

Thank you for sharing your experience on this.
Post office enrolment is ONLY reserved for specific postal routes. Naturalisation is ONLY AND ONLY visa UKVCAS. At your UKVCAS appointment your application will be submitted to UKVI :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice