ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of English

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

midexus
Newly Registered

Proof of English

Post by midexus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:34 am

Hello guys,
Is there any document i need to submit to show my proficiency in the English language?
I am from Nigeria, where english is the national language and throughout my education , English was the language of instruction

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:15 am

The IELTS test will solve the problem permanently but i am aware that there are other means of proving your proficiency. If you want to consider the IELTS option, get in touch with the british council in Lagos or Abuja.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

makon

Post by makon » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:30 pm

you can still apply without IELTS but state in your application that you've had at least ... years of education in English (6 in the Primary + 5 or 6 in the Secondary + 4 or 5 in the University) Refer to your academic certificates as proof.

gd luck

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:17 pm

i find it ridiculous taking a test of english exam as a requirement though as you claim english is your national language.. what would a chinese or russian take as a test of english?
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler