ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS biometrics appointment postponed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVCAS biometrics appointment postponed

Post by NIKKI15810 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi, wondering if anyone can help?

I am British and I'm married to a Turkish national. My husband submitted his FLR M application and paid the immigration health surcharge on 6th March. Due to the current pandemic, he received an email from UKVCAS to say that his biometrics appointment had been changed from 30th March to 11th May because of the service point being closed.

1. His current BRP expires on 17th May - can he still continue to reside and work in the UK as normal until a decision is made?

2. Our documents were prepared for submission this month. If my appointment is now in May, is there a general rule on how up to date the documents should be? I read somewhere there is a 28 day rule - is this from the date of application (6th March) or biometrics appointment (11th May)?

Also, if travel is permitted, we have flights booked to visit family in Turkey from 30th June to 12th July. I am concerned this may now not be allowed as he may not have a new BRP or passport back by then.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I've tried calling around but not getting anywhere.

Thanks
Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS biometrics appointment postponed

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:50 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:34 pm
Hi, wondering if anyone can help?

I am British and I'm married to a Turkish national. My husband submitted his FLR M application and paid the immigration health surcharge on 6th March. Due to the current pandemic, he received an email from UKVCAS to say that his biometrics appointment had been changed from 30th March to 11th May because of the service point being closed.

1. His current BRP expires on 17th May - can he still continue to reside and work in the UK as normal until a decision is made?

2. Our documents were prepared for submission this month. If my appointment is now in May, is there a general rule on how up to date the documents should be? I read somewhere there is a 28 day rule - is this from the date of application (6th March) or biometrics appointment (11th May)?

Also, if travel is permitted, we have flights booked to visit family in Turkey from 30th June to 12th July. I am concerned this may now not be allowed as he may not have a new BRP or passport back by then.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I've tried calling around but not getting anywhere.

Thanks
Nikki
1. Yes by virtue of section 3C if submits the application before expiry regardless of when will attend the biometrics

2. Documents especially financially & accomodation related must not be older than 28 days before the date of application rather than the date of biometrics which can be after the visa expiry.

3. Even the flights restart to operate but still the applicant can't travel before getting the visa otherwise his application will be assumed as withdrawn.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

We were thinking of going to one of the core service centres instead as they appear to still be open but not sure what the future holds with that - could end up getting cancelled too, plus it's a 4 hour drive away!

So he can still go ahead and get the documents already prepared uploaded then? On a side note, our bank statements get emailed to us. According to BoS website, they are no different to what they'd send in the post. Will these be ok?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:14 pm
According to BoS website, they are no different to what they'd send in the post. Will these be ok?
Yes if in acceptable format such as pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Can we use the same documents twice?

For example, we will be uploading 3 x council tax bills as "evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK" (2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21). We need these as proof of living together under the "items of correspondence addressed to us both at the same address"

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:57 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 pm
Can we use the same documents twice?
No problem doing that, you can use the same document as evidence of different things.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 pm
"evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK"
I think that question as part of accomodation requirement refers to present arrangements about council tax.

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm

I think that question as part of accomodation requirement refers to present arrangements about council tax.
[/quote]

So do I just need to submit the current council tax bill rather than any previous ones?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:48 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm
So do I just need to submit the current council tax bill rather than any previous ones?
[/quote]

I guess so but submitting others of previous years will serve as cohabitation evidence.

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:38 pm

My husband had a current account with another bank between October 2017 & April 2018 so we were relying on statements from them to show the old address. However, these have been sent to our current address and my husband was told by the bank that they can't amend these to show the address at the time the account was open. This means we have a gap between these months as we don't have anything else from that time! Do you think I could explain this in the cover letter and provide the below as proof of us living together?

April 2018: P60 (him) - P60 (me)

July 2018: Solicitor's letter (him) - Payslip (me)

November 2018: Joint bank account statement

February 2019: Joint council tax

May 2019: Joint bank account statement

August 2019: Joint bank account statement

November 2019: Joint bank account statement

March 2020: Bank statement (him) - Bank statement (me)

Again, thanks in advance for your help 😊

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:56 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:38 pm
My husband had a current account with another bank between October 2017 & April 2018 so we were relying on statements from them to show the old address. However, these have been sent to our current address and my husband was told by the bank that they can't amend these to show the address at the time the account was open. This means we have a gap between these months as we don't have anything else from that time! Do you think I could explain this in the cover letter and provide the below as proof of us living together?

April 2018: P60 (him) - P60 (me)

July 2018: Solicitor's letter (him) - Payslip (me)

November 2018: Joint bank account statement

February 2019: Joint council tax

May 2019: Joint bank account statement

August 2019: Joint bank account statement

November 2019: Joint bank account statement

March 2020: Bank statement (him) - Bank statement (me)

Again, thanks in advance for your help 😊
Your cohabitation evidences seems satisfactory. In compliance of banking regulations no bank will ever issue the old duplicate bank statement with new address (unless it happens by mistake/error).