ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa for my wife - help required

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arunkumar.ireland
Newly Registered

Tourist visa for my wife - help required

Post by arunkumar.ireland » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi,
I am currently in Dublin on a Business visa (BV) and as per an earlier plan I'll need to go back to London get my WP for Ireland. But now the plan has been delayed and so I may have to extend my stay here on a BV for the next 4 to 5 weeks and so my wife who has a dependent visa for UK is unable to join me in Ireland. So am just wondering if she'd be able to apply for a tourist visa and come to Dublin? So can some one clarify the following questions?

1) Though am not on a WP here, can I sponsor my wife? I have a bank account in UK but not in Ireland. Is this OK? my wife doesnt have a bank account in UK but she has in India? is this enough
2) Do some 1 really need to sponsor a tourist? cant she apply on her own from UK? she's not employed so cant get any letter from her employer as well.

Please help me out.

deepakmeetme
Newly Registered

Post by deepakmeetme » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:54 am

Arunkumar,

You cant sponsor your spouse's travel to Ireland. But, however since you want her to apply a tourist visa for her to Ireland, he can just produce the basic documents according to the visa applying Irish consulate / Embassy.

Normally, she needs to produce an accomodation proof, proof of sufficient funds (eg. int. credit cards, travel cards), valid travel insurance valid for the entire duration, etc.

However, its advisable to check with the applying consulate.

Thanks.