ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous immigration history: which date is the "Date of application"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ldbright

BC online application - Out of UK stamp missing

Post by ldbright » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:44 am

Hey everyone, here is my question:

I am applying for British citizenship and I traveled WITHIN the required limits, however, to prove the 5 years' absence.

1. I have 4 stamps missing due to the use of the automated gate with e-passport when entering another country. (when leaving the UK, there is no check thus no stamp for everyone)
2. I have ALL the stamps for coming back to the UK.
3. On the document part of the application form - it states: "If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Combine with point 2, since I do have all the stamps when I entered the UK, do I still need to provide additional information such as an employer letter?

Thank you in advance!

p.s It has been a while since my ILR application in 2014, great to see the board is still helping so many people. Wish everyone safe and happy during this strange time.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC online application - Out of UK stamp missing

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:38 am

I think/guess that the UK entry stamps are the important ones - which country (and missing stamps) you went to should have no bearing on your application. As you have all the UK once should be no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ldbright

Part time employer history over 12 years ago

Post by ldbright » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:58 am

Hi Everyone,

I am about to submit my application form for British citizenship. For the formal employer session, I have filled all the full-time employers since 2008 (after I graduated). Since I have been in the UK over 20 years ago and I worked here and there during the summer holiday and weekends as a student, but I genuinely cannot remember them as it was so long ago and only part-time.

I want to ask, if it is enough to provide my full-time employer history over the past 12 years, or I have to go back even further to include part-time jobs when I was a student. This is the instruction on the form ""Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?" and my understanding is 10 years should be enough.

Can anyone please answer?

Thank you so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Part time employer history over 12 years ago

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:21 am

The form only asks for the last 10 years employer history. Nothing more than that.

The "or since you were in the UK" is for those who have been here for LESS than 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ldbright

Can not remember when finger print was taken (i.e BRP was issued)

Post by ldbright » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:26 am

Hi everyone,
I am applying for the British passport after a long time of getting the ILR (Old Tier 1 General route).
My problem is that I can not remember at which application and which year the home office replaced stamp/sticker on passport with the BRP card.
I can see that my passport no longer has the tier 1 G stamp from the application I made in April 2012 (T1), and the visa right before that one (2009-2012) has the stamp "Replaced by BRP" on it.

Is it safe to assume that BRP was introduced around 2012 for tier 1/2?

Does anyone remember when the BRP was introduced to Tier 1/2 applicants around that time (i.e. after 2009 and before 2012)?

Thank you very much in advance.

ldbright

Previous immigration history: which date is the "Date of application"

Post by ldbright » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:52 am

Hi there,

On the BC application form, under "previous immigration application", I would like to know when will be the "date of application" for each entry.

The thing is that I made some applications by mail over 15 years ago, I really can't remember when I actually post them. Therefore, I used the start date of a visa as it is a stamp on my passport.

Which date did you put on your application form as the "Date of application"?

Thank you very much.

ldbright

Re: Part time employer history over 12 years ago

Post by ldbright » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:21 am
The form only asks for the last 10 years employer history. Nothing more than that.

The "or since you were in the UK" is for those who have been here for LESS than 10 years.
Thank you very much C001.