ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP and NINO delay after refugee status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aleeza
Pakistan

BRP and NINO delay after refugee status

Post by Aleeza » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been looking desperately for any guidance to sort out the issue of delayed BRP.Its has been 3 months since I was granted asylum status but I did not recieve my BRP not even NI number.I am extremely anxious of this delay and joblessness.Has anyone ever faced similar situation, if so how did you sort it out?? Please guide :(
N.B Delay in BRP reported and communicated with MP yet no solutiin came up.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: BRP and NINO delay after refugee status

Post by London22 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 pm

Aleeza wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:16 pm
Hi everyone,
I have been looking desperately for any guidance to sort out the issue of delayed BRP.Its has been 3 months since I was granted asylum status but I did not recieve my BRP not even NI number.I am extremely anxious of this delay and joblessness.Has anyone ever faced similar situation, if so how did you sort it out?? Please guide :(
Hi Aleeza
Home office will never send you NI .You need to contact HMRC for this .If Home Office has sent you asylum determination letter which states that you are a refugee now and status is valid from this date to that ,then you can use this letter for a job.This is a proof of your status .I know BRP is so popular amongst employers that they always ask for it but if an employer is kind enough should employ you with the letter.It is very strange that you haven't received BRP yet.If you have a lawyer it might be with him or if not then you must chase home office via phone or email which can be found from Google .Don't worry some times home office officials just become childish &funny.If you are still jobless you should apply for benefits (universal credit) as refugees are fully allowed to claim benefits.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wikki » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:07 pm

Aleeza wrote:
Hi everyone,
1. Use this form to report the BRP delay: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived
they will reply to you within 5 working days

2. In the meantime, you can call either DX delivery, TNT or royal mail to ask if they have a parcel for you.

3. If you have a lawyer, let them know

Aleeza
Pakistan

Post by Aleeza » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:44 pm

London22 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 pm
Aleeza wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi Aleeza
Home office will never send you NI .You need to contact HMRC for this .If Home Office has sent you asylum determination letter which states that you are a refugee now and status is valid from this date to that ,then you can use this letter for a job.This is a proof of your status .I know BRP is so popular amongst employers that they always ask for it but if an employer is kind enough should employ you with the letter.It is very strange that you haven't received BRP yet.If you have a lawyer it might be with him or if not then you must chase home office via phone or email which can be found from Google .Don't worry some times home office officials just become childish &funny.If you are still jobless you should apply for benefits (universal credit) as refugees are fully allowed to claim benefits.
But how can I claim benefits without a valid proof of ID and I dnt have banl account as well??
Moreover I have just a reply from HO after 3 months that there is IT issue while printing my BRP so accept apologies.I wonder when would this IT issue only with my BRP be resolved if its still pending for last 3 months !!