ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letter - as an attachment or as email text?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

docitduo

Cover letter - as an attachment or as email text?

Post by docitduo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Am sure many people will laugh at this query! But I have wracked my brains over it but unable to convince myself one way or the other, so guess it's high time I seek external opinion!

Here it is (silly me) - When emailing recruitment consultants, should the cover letter be included as email text or as an attachment?
Confusion:
1. If I include as email text, it might not get forwarded to propsective employers (unless consultant forwards my email to the employer).
2. If I send it as an attachment, the email text becomes very basic (speculative communication or writing in response to xyz ad.) and fails to impress. Unless I either repeat (to some extent) what is already there in the cover note or come up with something new.

:) Now that you've had a good laugh, what do you suggest is more appropriate? Looking forward to some sincere and serious feedback.

regards

junior

Post by junior » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:51 pm

my opinion -

send the cover letter and CV as attachment and do mention in the email that you are attaching ur cover letter and CV along with this email

or else u may also attach the cover letter as inline attachment along with the main email body

vnvijay

Re: Cover letter - as an attachment or as email text?

Post by vnvijay » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:36 am

Hi,

u can use the covering for both but need to mention the same, r u from IT or no IT back ground.

VJ
ukjobsforme wrote:Am sure many people will laugh at this query! But I have wracked my brains over it but unable to convince myself one way or the other, so guess it's high time I seek external opinion!

Here it is (silly me) - When emailing recruitment consultants, should the cover letter be included as email text or as an attachment?
Confusion:
1. If I include as email text, it might not get forwarded to propsective employers (unless consultant forwards my email to the employer).
2. If I send it as an attachment, the email text becomes very basic (speculative communication or writing in response to xyz ad.) and fails to impress. Unless I either repeat (to some extent) what is already there in the cover note or come up with something new.

:) Now that you've had a good laugh, what do you suggest is more appropriate? Looking forward to some sincere and serious feedback.

regards