ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

postgraduate diploma,30 points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helloimran

postgraduate diploma,30 points

Post by helloimran » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:15 am

I have recently passed Postgraduate Diploma in Management Science from British Institute of Technology and E-commerce.My course duration is one year.
Tier 1 General calculator gives me 30 points when i enter this qualification.
My Diploma is not a bachelor,master and phd degree.
Can i claim 30 points for it?
Can any one please give me advice on it?
thanks....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 pm

:?
If the points-based calculator gives you points for your qualification(s), then yes, you can claim points.

That's the idea behind the points-based calculator / self-assessment - to see how much you score for each attribute.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Thats right,
I got 35 points for my PG Diploma in Management from India on the assessment tool and 30 points for my B.E degree hence applied with PG Diploma. The assessment tool has university names too.
sushdmehta wrote::?
If the points-based calculator gives you points for your qualification(s), then yes, you can claim points.

That's the idea behind the points-based calculator / self-assessment - to see how much you score for each attribute.

regards

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Thambi wrote:Thats right,
I got 35 points for my PG Diploma in Management from India on the assessment tool and 30 points for my B.E degree hence applied with PG Diploma. The assessment tool has university names too.
Whats funny is that the job market will be completely unimpressed with your educational credentials when you get here so don't let the high score lull you into a false sense of security or belief as to how well you would do well in the UK. I would be interested in learning how well people fare on finding a job compared to how many points they scored for the education based on the points system.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Hmmm, last 4 years I am in UK in IT as an Senior Architect with above 50K per annum. Don't worry, Thanks.
Whats funny is that the job market will be completely unimpressed with your educational credentials when you get here so don't let the high score lull you into a false sense of security or belief as to how well you would do well in the UK. I would be interested in learning how well people fare on finding a job compared to how many points they scored for the education based on the points system.