ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Currently Stuck Outside of Ireland and visa to expire very Soon

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sham321
Ireland

Currently Stuck Outside of Ireland and visa to expire very Soon

Post by Sham321 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 am

Hi All,

I was on holidays and now due to travel restrictions I am unable to come back to Ireland at the moment. My concern is that my visa is going to be expired on 09.05.2020. Hopefully the current situation is resolved by then but just in case the travel restrictions are still in place and my visa expires, can you please advise what should I do in that case?

There is a notice for 2 months extension but I think that is for those who are already in Ireland but in my case I am really worried. I have sent emails to INIS but no reply has been received yet. Please guide me?

I appreciate your assistance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Currently Stuck Outside of Ireland and visa to expire very Soon

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Flights are still operating, albeit in a reduced frequency. You should still try to find a flight to come back before your status expires on 9 May.

If this is not possible, and you are a visa required national, per INIS’s website, legal residents should be able to apply for an entry visa as normal. You will have to get the visa before you can travel. Contact INIS or the local embassy to see if they can give you a new visa sticker with minimal effort.

If you can travel to Ireland visa-free, you should still be able to travel here even after your status is expired. However, you should do so at the earliest opportunity.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Currently Stuck Outside of Ireland and visa to expire very Soon

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:20 pm

ISD has clarified this today.

As expected, if you do not normally require a visa to enter Ireland, your permission is automatically extended for 2 months (so in your case 9 July) and you can use your existing IRP card when entering Ireland.
If you normally require a visa to enter Ireland, you will have to make an application for a new entry visa if you enter after 9 May.