ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent visa question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reemu
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent visa question

Post by reemu » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:43 pm

I have a query related to switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent.

My husband is on Tier 2 ICT currently and I will be receiving a Tier 2 General visa from my employer shortly. Once I get my visa he will be switching to Tier 2 dependent visa:

My query is by doing this will his current employer be notified that the Tier 2 ICT is cancelled or any sort of notification be sent from UKVI or Home Office to them. Because he would want to continue with his current employer on a dependent visa until he finds an alternative job . Your inputs will help us a lot :) Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent visa question

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:52 pm

1. Please do NOT tag your questions onto posts that are not relevant to your circumstances.

2. His ICT sponsor is NOT notified. It is your husband responsibility to update his employer with his new visa BRP to prove his right to work in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent visa question

Post by sah10406 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:44 pm

reemu wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:43 pm
My query is by doing this will his current employer be notified that the Tier 2 ICT is cancelled or any sort of notification be sent from UKVI or Home Office to them. Because he would want to continue with his current employer on a dependent visa until he finds an alternative job .
He needs to notify the employer that he has new leave. Having changed visa he will longer require their sponsorship for a Tier 2 visa, and the employer no longer has any sponsor duties.

The requirement to update the employer of any extensions of leave or changes in leave are highly likely to have been in the terms and conditions of the job.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.