ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr m question biometrics

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suhaibumer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Flr m question biometrics

Post by suhaibumer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi,

I submitted my wife's spouse flr m application few days before lockdown and paid for the application and NHS surcharge. Her residency permit expired on 7th April.

As the ukvcas centres are closed, can I still get her to do the biometrics at a post office? Also, can I also get her documents verified at the post office? I can see they charge approx £5 a document and I will have 30+ to get verified. Do post office send the documents off themselves of do I post them alongside the originals? Really confused at the moment.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Flr m question biometrics

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:21 pm

Postoffice won't be able to electronically forward your supporting documents to enable the processing to begin. If you have submitted the application before expiry then will remain covered by section 3C until the decision arrives regardless of when will the lockdown be lifted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:25 pm

You cannot apply by post. You also cannot enrol biometrics at the Post Office without HO specifically sending you a letter to do so. Applying by post is only available for a very small, limited number of applications. Spouse visa extension is not one of them. The Post Office is NOT the same service as UKCVAS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:29 pm

suhaibumer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:59 pm
Also, can I also get her documents verified at the post office? I can see they charge approx £5 a document and I will have 30+ to get verified.
And save your money. You are not required to verify the supporting documents.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."