ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Required No information found regarding this DBS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ray_of_li
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent Help Required No information found regarding this DBS

Post by ray_of_li » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I have looked everywhere but cant find information on this. So as part of my new employment they need to do a DBS check on me, about 3-4 years back i overstayed my visa due to an error by my solicitor and as overstaying is a criminal offence will it show on my DBS check?

Please reply asap as based on this i would then need to talk to my new employer before accepting the job offer.

I need to get back to them by tommorow so please if you guys have any information please let me know asap.

Many thanks and regards.
Ray.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Help Required No information found regarding this DBS

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:01 pm

There are about 4-5 types of DBS checks which vary from one employer to another as what they choose. Also these depends on the type and sensitivity of the job too. You can see all different types of dbs checks as what they actually investigate. In my opinion if you are currently holding the right to work then your previous overstaying might not cause any issue in securing the new job.

https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Urgent Help Required No information found regarding this DBS

Post by Alijee786 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi ,
I have applied for a job which needs background check. At the moment all i have is coa and valid ecs. But the sterling ( backgrounders check Organization ) is not accepting it as a proof of work. And we all know there are delays for non eea members for settlement scheme on top more dealys due to covid-19.
Any suggestions please???
Also i have sent my passport to dvla. God knows when that will be back