ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Petition to waive off citizenship fees for this year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Template
United Kingdom

Petition to waive off citizenship fees for this year

Post by Template » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Dear Seniors and Members

I have written a petition to waive off the fees for BC £1330. Please we need signatures. i can forward every one the email

’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... 5HsmAwy3DR

My petition:

Waive off fees for UK citizenship Applications for this year

The families are in a tough time and are under severe economic pressure at this time of the pandemic. We want the government to waive off the citizenship application fees for this year. The present fees for naturalization applications is £ 1330 per application and a family of 5 will pay £ 6650

The applicants who are going to apply for British citizenship have to pay £1330 per person for this and already people are having hard time meeting day to day expenses. We would like the government to show some compassion for the people who want to apply for the British naturalization and wave off the high fees for the applications this year.

secret.simon

Re: Petition to waive off citizenship fees for this year

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:44 pm

By all means, create a petition on this topic and publicise it. But don't get your hopes too high.

Naturalisation and registration (as British citizens) are voluntary and optional applications, because all those who apply for them will already have ILR or PR, so their immigration status in the UK is secure. So the Home Office and government is unlikely to be fussed about this petition. They will likely take the line that if money is tight this year, you can always apply next year or when you do have the money.

So I would not be too optimistic about this petition.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:39 am

Also, please be aware that the posting of contact emails is not permitted on the open forum under the Board Ts&Cs and you don't yet have the privilege of access to the personal message facility. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:44 am

British Citizenship is a Privilege ; not Right

you already have right to stay in this country for as long you wish. No need to apply for British Citizenship now. You can apply when you have enough funds in few years time
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Template
United Kingdom

Post by Template » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:48 am

Dear All

Thanx for the comment. But do we have anything to lose in signing this. If it passed great lots people will save money and if it did not they have nothing to lose they pay their fees anyway.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:55 pm

I suspect such petition would have much more sympathy if you propose not to abolish the fees altogether, but to reduce them to actual processing cost, and remove profit part (which is about half of the fees).
Many British families will now be under severe economic pressure, and hence it will be difficult to sell to those people then need to get UK passport ASAP. Compassion will be limited, and anti-immigrant feelings may be on the raise..

Template
United Kingdom

Good News: Petition to waive off citizenship fees been Published

Post by Template » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Good news The petition which we initiated has been published, received below email. If everyone can sign and share will benefit.

We published the petition you created – “Waive fees for UK citizenship applications for this year”

Click this link to see your petition and start sharing it:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/316383