ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa expires around Mid-May, am I eligible to apply before 31th May, please?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Michelleiam
Newly Registered

Bank transfer within three months of visa application

Post by Michelleiam » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Dear Zimba,

Thank you for giving us advice about Tier 1 visa applications. Three years ago, I asked you some questions about Tier 1 application. You have a way of clarifying things that makes sense to me and helps me to sort through the choices. Now, I am going to extend my Tier 1 entrepreneur visa soon in May. Could I ask your advice again, please? Thank you very much.

I already invested 30K pounds in my business account and almost spent all of them on employees' salary. But because of Covid-19 I got quarantined for a while and got another 20k didn't transfer to my business account yet. I have some savings in cash, (due to every-time I went back to my country, I could take 8000 pounds with me), I want to withdraw 20k cash to my personal account and transfer to my business account. Based on the three months - third party rules, do I need to make a third-party statement to clarify I invest 20k within three months? I couldn't find any information about I personally invest some money within three month before I apply visa. Do I need to make any statement on this, please? Or do you have any other advices on this, please?

Thanks again for being so willing to help me figure things out.

Best regards,

Michelle

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Bank transfer within three months of visa application

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:09 pm

No such thing is required. Transfer the money as normal to business
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Michelleiam
Newly Registered

Post by Michelleiam » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:01 pm

Great! Thank you very much Zimba.

Michelleiam
Newly Registered

Post by Michelleiam » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:14 pm

Dear Zimba,

I have one more question, sorry to bother you again. I was wondering which option is a better option as my application needs to make before mid-May, please?

1. I withdraw 20k cash to my bank account and transfer to my business account. OR
2. I ask my family member to transfer 20k to my personal account and then I transfer to my business account as investment. My family member could provide a third-party statement to clarify that this money is for my investment in my company and a solicitor certifies the signatures are valid.

(I read the guidance is about the situation that third-party is holding the money in their account, rather than transfer the money to my account, therefore, they provide a statement to say this money is for my investment. But how about my family member transfer money to my account. Is that the same thing?)

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Michelle

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:05 am

I repeat, no such third party letter is required. Please read the guide :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Michelleiam
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa expires around Mid-May, am I eligible to apply before 31th May, please?

Post by Michelleiam » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 am

Dear Moderators,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

My Tier 1 visa expires around mid-May and I am trying to apply my extension before that. It takes time to request bank statements and other documents by post during quarantine. I may not be able to complete visa extension applications before my visa expire date. As GOV.UK mentioned recently, 'If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term. You can apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May 2020.' Am I eligible to apply my visa extension before 31th May, please?

I emailed HO, but haven't receive any respond yet. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Michelle

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Visa expires around Mid-May, am I eligible to apply before 31th May, please?

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:43 am

Michelleiam wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 am
Dear Moderators,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

My Tier 1 visa expires around mid-May and I am trying to apply my extension before that. It takes time to request bank statements and other documents by post during quarantine. I may not be able to complete visa extension applications before my visa expire date. As GOV.UK mentioned recently, 'If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term. You can apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May 2020.' Am I eligible to apply my visa extension before 31th May, please?

I emailed HO, but haven't receive any respond yet. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Michelle
Apply online for extension before visa expiry. You are NOT expected to have your documents ready immediately when you apply. Documents can be uploaded to UKVCAS system until your appointment day. Also use ONLINE bank statements as all documents are submitted digitally