ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Violetsareblue » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:16 pm

jay287 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:47 pm
Hello there, seeing this stories really makes me worried how long I’ll be waiting and also with the virus out there, it’ll definitely be longer. I claimed asylum in January 2019, had interview and now waiting for decision. I also update and send new evidence in January 2020 of my new born child British passport and some medical evidence to support my claim and I haven’t received anything from the Home office too. I told my legal aid lawyer to ask for update but they have to reply. Please how do you email the home office for update? and do you think it’s a good idea? because I’m worried.

Hi violet,
Don’t worry too much. I am still waiting for my decision as well god knows what it will be.i claimed asylum December 2018, I had my main interview August 2019 did biometric the same day. Never heard anything from HO. I believe you will receive positive decision soon as I know a lot of people who got their visa especially you submitted new evidence.
Hello,
I had my interview in august too but I didn’t do biometric. Hopefully we get good news soon. I don’t think this is true but someone was predicting and saying that when you send evidence before decision, they reset the clock for six month wait time. Anyone think this is true or ever experience this?

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:52 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Hello there, seeing this stories really makes me worried how long I’ll be waiting and also with the virus out there, it’ll definitely be longer. I claimed asylum in January 2019, had interview and now waiting for decision. I also update and send new evidence in January 2020 of my new born child British passport and some medical evidence to support my claim and I haven’t received anything from the Home office too. I told my legal aid lawyer to ask for update but they have to reply. Please how do you email the home office for update? and do you think it’s a good idea? because I’m worried.
Hi,
I have sent an complaint regarding long delay and they replied to my email after around a month time. they don't normally give any update I think only reply when someone made a complaint. In that email they mentioned they are aiming to make a decision on my case within the next six months. but because of current situation I don't think I can count that time. the email address for complaint complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
They usually says will respond 20 working days but it was more than that for me.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 pm

senu14 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:52 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi,
I have sent an complaint regarding long delay and they replied to my email after around a month time. they don't normally give any update I think only reply when someone made a complaint. In that email they mentioned they are aiming to make a decision on my case within the next six months. but because of current situation I don't think I can count that time. the email address for complaint complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
They usually says will respond 20 working days but it was more than that for me.
Hello senu,
Thank you for the information. Could you kindly let me know how long you’ve been waiting and are you fresh claim or initial decision?
Thanks

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 pm
senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi,
Hello senu,
Thank you for the information. Could you kindly let me know how long you’ve been waiting and are you fresh claim or initial decision?
Thanks
Hi,
Mine is further submission and waiting for 16 months. to be honest first 12 months it wasn't strong case I just applied with weak evidence to buy time till my daughter turn 7 years. last October she turned 7 years and luckily original case was pending till that point. four months before sent new evidence based on child 7 years resident (elder daughter). two months before my second daughter became a British citizen then again sent new evidence based on British child. I have three kids all born UK ,one registered as British citizen.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 am

senu14 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 pm
senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi,
Hello senu,
Thanks
Hi,
Mine is further submission and waiting for 16 months. to be honest first 12 months it wasn't strong case I just applied with weak evidence to buy time till my daughter turn 7 years. last October she turned 7 years and luckily original case was pending till that point. four months before sent new evidence based on child 7 years resident (elder daughter). two months before my second daughter became a British citizen then again sent new evidence based on British child. I have three kids all born UK ,one registered as British citizen.
Thanks for reply. Hopefully things go well for us

nuni1234
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by nuni1234 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 am

Hi to all Members
i need your help please i claimed asylum and had screening interview in april 2019 since then i didnt hear anything from HO no main interview nothing could anyone please help what should i do? where should i contact them for my interview?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:42 pm

nuni1234 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 am
Hi to all Members
i need your help please i claimed asylum and had screening interview in april 2019 since then i didnt hear anything from HO no main interview nothing could anyone please help what should i do? where should i contact them for my interview?
I had mine in March and still nothing and now with the covid 19 situation be prepared to wait even longer

Mohamed athif
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Mohamed athif » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:09 pm

I have applied FSU last December and I have got letter from hom that asked me to send evidence and next day I have got letter for free biometric enrolment and then I have been given biometric enrolment month ago how long should I wait for to get respond from refuse case management
Is that positive sing or negative sing

Seloo
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Seloo » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:26 pm

vlkn wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:47 pm
What is meaning of " Shortage OCC " writes on my ARC. Am i allowed to work only jobs in that list or what?
Yes you are allowed to work in those specific listed jobs. Can you please tell us more about the type of your immigration application and did you apply for permission to work and how long it took before you were granted work permit. I applied myself but unfortunately did not get any response from the home office.

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Mohamed athif wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:09 pm
I have applied FSU last December and I have got letter from hom that asked me to send evidence and next day I have got letter for free biometric enrolment and then I have been given biometric enrolment month ago how long should I wait for to get respond from refuse case management
I had similar experience, FSU in January. Was asked to send further evidence early March. following Day gotten biometric Enrolment letter, a week letter got our biometric enrolment done, and haven’t heard much since then.
Not entirely sure whether its positive thing or whether it is a routine that is being adapted recently.

Mohamed athif
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Mohamed athif » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:00 pm

I’m a single I have been done my asylum in 2012 then I let going up to 2015 I went to court and it was refused
Then 2019 I applied for FSU then got acknowledgement letter then February 16 email asked me evidence all send through email and February 18 I have got biometric enrolment letter I went to Luna house March 05th since I’m waiting respond from rcm admin 2

Mohamed athif
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Mohamed athif » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:07 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:26 pm
[quote="Mohamed athif" post_id=<a href="tel:1893785">1893785</a> time=<a href="tel:1586722150">1586722150</a> user_id=234947]
I had similar experience, FSU in January. Was asked to send further evidence early March. following Day gotten biometric Enrolment letter, a week letter got our biometric enrolment done, and haven’t heard much since then.
Not entirely sure whether its positive thing or whether it is a routine that is being adapted recently.
[/quote]
Mohamed athif wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:00 pm
I’m a single I have been done my asylum in 2012 up to 2015 didn’t get main interview later on got main interview it was refused then I went to court and it was refused
Then 2019 I applied for FSU then got acknowledgement letter then February 16 email asked me evidence all send through email and February 18 I have got biometric enrolment letter I went to Luna house March 05th to give finger print since I’m waiting respond from rcm admin 2

Mohamed athif
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Mohamed athif » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:31 pm

One more things to ask Is home office working at this movement coz me waiting for respond yes or not

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed May 06, 2020 9:08 am

Hello everyone, I hope we’re all staying safe and healthy.
Has anyone recently receive any decisions or message from the home office? As I’m not sure if they’re still deciding on asylum at the moment. I have a British child and they’re still taking significantly longtime. It’s been 9 months since I had my main interview and 1.5 years since I claimed asylum. I’m a single parent with six children and I don’t know why it’s taking soo long.
Any recent update from anyone would uplift my spirit right now so please let me know.
Thanks.

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:37 am

Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:08 am
Has anyone recently receive any decisions or message from the home office? As I’m not sure if they’re still deciding on asylum at the moment. I have a British child and they’re still taking significantly longtime. It’s been 9 months since I had my main interview and 1.5 years since I claimed asylum. I’m a single parent with six children and I don’t know why it’s taking soo long.
Any recent update from anyone would uplift my spirit right now so please let me know.
Thanks.

Hi violet,
I read somewhere that they’re still making decisions. I am for my decision too for 9mos now.

Check this for your reference.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/lates ... -covid-19/

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 am

jay287 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:37 am
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks.

Hi violet,
I read somewhere that they’re still making decisions. I am for my decision too for 9mos now.

Hello Jay,
Thanks for the link. We have very similar timeline and hopefully good new before the end of the year🙏🏾.
They’re still making decisions as said on the link but they won’t make decisions on cases with vulnerability and mental health issues if it’s results in a refusal.

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Welcome violet. I had my claim December 2018 main interview August 2019. I had it at Solihull.

Where did you have you interview?
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 am
jay287 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks.

Hi violet,

Hello Jay,
Thanks for the link. We have very similar timeline and hopefully good new before the end of the year🙏🏾.
They’re still making decisions as said on the link but they won’t make decisions on cases with vulnerability and mental health issues if it’s results in a refusal.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri May 08, 2020 12:13 am

jay287 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm
Welcome violet. I had my claim December 2018 main interview August 2019. I had it at Solihull.

Violetsareblue wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks.

Hi violet,

Hello Jay,
I had my interview in Croydon. I can never forget that day. It was a dreadful experience for me

Jjrrb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jjrrb » Sat May 09, 2020 10:38 pm

jay287 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks.

Hi violet,

Hello, I’m sorry if I have written on the wrong page.. has anyone got preliminary questionnaire form? What is it for? And why they send anything like that before main interview? Kindly help to answer.. stay safe everyone...

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 am

Don’t worry we will all get it soon! Keep safe always
Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:13 am
jay287 wrote:

Violetsareblue wrote:
jay287 wrote:

Hi violet,

Hello Jay,
I had my interview in Croydon. I can never forget that day. It was a dreadful experience for me

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:12 am

Hi I didn’t get preliminary questionnaire. I am not sure how they assess the cases. I had screening December 2018 and main interview August 2019.

https://righttoremain.org.uk/preliminar ... ionnaires/ Refer to that site for more insights

Jjrrb wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:38 pm
jay287 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks.

Hi violet,

Hello, I’m sorry if I have written on the wrong page.. has anyone got preliminary questionnaire form? What is it for? And why they send anything like that before main interview? Kindly help to answer.. stay safe everyone...

vlkn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vlkn » Sun May 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Seloo wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:26 pm
vlkn wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:47 pm
What is meaning of " Shortage OCC " writes on my ARC. Am i allowed to work only jobs in that list or what?
Yes you are allowed to work in those specific listed jobs. Can you please tell us more about the type of your immigration application and did you apply for permission to work and how long it took before you were granted work permit. I applied myself but unfortunately did not get any response from the home office.
Apologize for my late reply.

I have applied working permission after i have waited for a year for FSU 's decision. And got my work permit if i remember right in 2 months. But before that i didn't know that i should wait for a year to apply and i have applied 1 time before completing year and posted some work skill document which i have irata level 1 qualification and welder as well. And after my work request declined because i haven't waited for 1 year and they didn't send my qualification document's back. After 1 year i applied just with single letter to FSU and mentioned before paperwork's. And at 2019 march, got wotk permit with the 'Shortage OCC' i think because of qualifications. But still waiting for a decision from FSU. Its been a while for me.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 pm

jay287 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:12 am
Hi I didn’t get preliminary questionnaire. I am not sure how they assess the cases. I had screening December 2018 and main interview August 2019.

https://righttoremain.org.uk/preliminar ... ionnaires/ Refer to that site for more insights

Jjrrb wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:38 pm
jay287 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks.

Hi violet,

Hello jay,
I
I received the prelinery questionnaire before my interview and it for you to summarise you claim. They do more research based on what you write in there and to prepare your interview questions. Most of my interview questions asked were based on what I wrote in the questionnaire. The interviewer has been well prepared during my interview to flood me with questions.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed May 13, 2020 2:29 pm

jay287 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 am
Violetsareblue wrote:
jay287 wrote:

Violetsareblue wrote:

Hello Jay,
I got an email today by the way asking for further evidence before the can decide my claim.
They want latest medical report for me and my daughter that has special needs.
When last I saw my husband e.t.c

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi violet,

That’s great news! I haven’t heard anything yet but my solicitor will apply for right to work. Are you in NASS accommodation? I just rang them today as well I will be applying for accommodation as I got a place at uni too.
Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:29 pm
jay287 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 am
Violetsareblue wrote:
jay287 wrote:

I got an email today by the way asking for further evidence before the can decide my claim.
They want latest medical report for me and my daughter that has special needs.
When last I saw my husband e.t.c