ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 visa extension and Furlough scheme

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khasan15
Bangladesh

Tier-2 visa extension and Furlough scheme

Post by khasan15 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Hi,
Can anyone help me regarding below two queries :

1. I have got my Tier-2 visa in Dec'2017 under SOC code 2312 and that time it was mentioned appropriate salary for experienced worker is £32,780 as per appendix J of immigration rule and employer paid me that salary. My visa is expiring on Jan'2021. Recently I have noticed that appropriate salary under SOC 2312 has increased to £35,217 for experienced worker. But presently I do not earn equivalent to new salary.

So, my question is to renew my visa do I have to earn at least £35,217 before jan'2021?

2. Due to Covid-19, my employer has informed me that I will be in the government declared 'Furlough Scheme'. That means, employer will collect from government 80% of my salary but employer has mentioned me they will pay another 20%, so that I get 100% my salary. I will still pay tax as usual, other deductions and pension contribution. The Furlough scheme is valid until Jun'2020.

So, my question is because of this 'Furlough scheme', will it have any affect on my Tier-2 visa or ILR?

Appreciate if anyone can help me with some advice.

Kind Regards,
Hasan

Mysoul
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Tier-2 visa extension and Furlough scheme

Post by Mysoul » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi, am currently on tier2 due for an extension in August. Furlough will not affect tier2 extension or ilr moreso your company is paying 20% additional to make up your salary. You are safe.

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-2 visa extension and Furlough scheme

Post by Waseem432000 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Furlough isn't considered public funds as it's coming directly through your employer who claims that money back from HMRC. As long as you have a job and your employer assigns you RCOS, you qualify for the extension.