ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Critical Skills Work Permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tommy10
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Critical Skills Work Permit

Post by Tommy10 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 am

Hi,

I have applied for Critical skill visa and got refuse, the refusal reason is, (my role did not fall in ICT list)

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp ... ions-List/

I applied as ICT Support Technician as I'm working in Software (IT) company. I applied for SOC-4 2139 (All other ICT professionals not elsewhere classified). I thought my role falls in category but it not and I got refused.

Now I'm hoping to apply again as Critical Work Permit to change my role, But I'm not sure what roles falls under (SOC4- 2139), My current role in company is Application Support Technician.

Can anyone advised what are the role falls under SOC-4 2139. if some role could be similar or close to my role then can I apply again by amending my role.

Does Graduate Cloud Support or Cloud Support role falls under 2139. If yes can someone please be share description of it.

What are the description on role I can apply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Many Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Critical Skills Work Permit

Post by littlerr » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Unfortunately any customer service related roles are specifically excluded.

The only exception is that if you can speak a language that is not an official language in EEA, you have very specific product knowledge that cannot be obtained in a normal way elsewhere, and your employer is supported by Enterprise Ireland or a similar enterprise agency.

Your employer should know this. In order to be in the critical skills list in the ICT section, your daily job would normally require a certain amount of R&D.

Tommy10
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Tommy10 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:38 am

HI littlerr,
Thanks for the suggestion,
Do you reckon below are the description, does it make me get the Critical permit?

Role Graduate Cloud Support

• Assuring all customers are provided efficient, friendly and timely support on a follow the sun around the clock basis
• Provide 1st and 2nd level technical cloud support to users, typically interacting with the internal technology support function such as Azure services, in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
• Awareness of tools managing, the cloud environment including Azure Cloud and sysadmin skills and experience of writing scripts.
• Assist customers in the triage and problem-solving process and properly escalate unresolved incidents to the next level of support where required.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building approach for faster diagnosis.
• Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
• Utilize excellent customer service skills to exceed customers’ expectations and meet and exceed the set customer-specific service level agreements
• Perform quality assurance testing as necessary with the other technology teams.
• Ensure the documentation of the root cause is recorded in the tickets and incidents are closed with 100% customer satisfaction.
• Participate in growing knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services.
• Perform Programming and Scripting for task automation.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Unfortunately based on the DBEI ineligible list, this sounds to me that it still falls under the customer services role. There is a blanket ban on customer service/call centre related roles.

It also sounds a bit too much that your job role involves customer service, troubleshooting, diagnosis, QA and programming. Normally a job role role should contain only one of them.

You may want to get rid of all customer related tasks (move them to the end) and emphasise your job role as a QA engineer or a software developer. You would also definitely need a different job title than XXX Support or XXX Customer Service.

Again your employer should know this. You should talk your HR to see if there is a way of changing your job title.

Tommy10
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Tommy10 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:44 pm

They are saying we can go for General Permit which I do not want. And I do not want to resfuse again if I recommend them something and they go for then end up refusing it.

Any suggestion do u have, what I can took off from above roles description I provided?
I have meeting with HR in 3 hr so I want to convince him for Critical and give them some role.
So if u can be specific please,
Your help wud b appreciated Thank you. :)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Your job title *must* clearly indicate that your job is in the eligible list rather than the ineligible list. If your job title is XXX support, there is virtually no chance that it can be approved. Your job title must be something like Quality Assurance Engineer or Software Engineer.
Your main job responsibilities should be related to your job title. For example, for a QA engineer this would be writing test cases, writing automated test routines, conducting manual testing, conducting sanity test, regression test etc. For a software engineer your main responsibility would normally be carrying out analysis, writing code for new projects, debugging and bug fixing etc.
You can mention that you also do support related tasks but it cannot be your main activity.

Tommy10
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Tommy10 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

I really appreciate you help in it.
I'll go for General for now and when I get prompted as proper role i'll apply for critical.
I believe that's the only option I have for now.

My college friend's they all got approved in Critical skill as Graduate Cloud Support. They are working in Amazon AWS. but i'm confuse shud i go with this or not as I already got rejection. Anyway I'll go for General Permit.

With the following description.

• Provide maintenance and perform Operations in Database for better performance.
• Write codes and develop scripts to make the task automated and enhance software performance.
• Examine existing software and determines requirements for new/modified systems in the light of business needs.
• Perform Programming and Scripting for task automation
• Develop an in-depth understanding of product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing and determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building approach for faster diagnosis
• Manage tools in Cloud Environment, such as Azure Cloud perform system admin skills in up running services.
• Perform quality assurance testing as necessary with the other technology teams.
• Test and correct software programs.
• Assist customers in the triage and problem-solving process and properly escalate unresolved task to Senior Engineer where required.
• Writes operational documentation and provides subsequent support for users.