ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Richie85
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Richie85 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been waiting for my pre settled status since February. I have received my COA at the end of March but I have done a paper application through the Lounes route and I understand it might take a while longer than usual. I'm wondering if I'm on a EUSS family permit and have a COA am I entitled to NHS coverage while I'm waiting for my results or should I go back Australia (because I have coverage there) and wait for my results. Im worried that if I get sick or injured I won't be covered by the NHS and the costs might cripple my family financially.

AlexBTS
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AlexBTS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Private medical insurance for a year would cost you less than the return ticket to Australia. Also getting private insurance (at least for the first year) is a good tone for all immigrants on EU route given we didn't pay health surcharge to get entry visa and didn't pay [enough] National Insurance contributions.

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 pm

amituk wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:24 pm
Ngo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:40 pm
amituk wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 pm
Sir
Did you receive your coa by email or post, if post then when did you receive it your address and on the base of this coa, are you eligible for work now without decision and biometric?
What did they ask you at appointment for biometric and what documents did they ask.
Have you got your decision and biometric now.
Please clear my all queries, I will be so thankful for you sir
Please this depends on what you are applying from. Is it from FP? From tier 2, tier 4 etc. Confirm your area please?
It's from family permit.
I have already fp, and I have applied for eea settlement, so I am asking about it
You will receive your CoA as a letter poster to your address you mentioned while filling your application . For biometrics take with the ID you used to apply for the EU settlement. Biometrics are free most of the time.

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm

shay007 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:15 pm
Ngo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 pm
shay007 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:16 am
Anyone who did their biometric in March still waiting for their COA? I have been waiting since early March but nothing received yet.
Shay007 what do you mean? When have you done your biometrics? Was it in February or after March, 9th?
Did my biometric 2nd week in March but haven’t received COA yet. I have read on here ppl are going through the same thing
Coronavirus is likely to affect your CoA but you will get it.

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:02 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:32 am
Well, here we are, 16 weeks since my biometrics. I've had to upload yet MORE information on 4 March. I emailed again on 5 April to chase up. Yes I realise there has been a significant delay with Coronavirus, however this is really starting to get ridiculous. They sent back their generic email reply on 8 April saying it is "actively under consideration" however with all the evidence I've submitted I can't see why they can't make a decision.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Having to upload more and more documentation?
DanielD1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm
Finally heard back today asking for more information :roll:

They apparently needed more residence information for my EU partner, although all the info was available on the JOINT bank account statements I submitted in my application way back in November. So I outdid myself and uploaded probably 15 statements for our joint account from the previous 5.5 years. I'm sure I can count on another 9 weeks before they get around to reviewing these documents....
Thats not good. What other documents did you uploaded ? Upon previous calls did they asked for these documents?
Did you apply for settled or pre- settled??
I applied for settled status and can't even remember what I uploaded before. But I had clearly reached the 10 document limit on the first application or I would have added more had I known you can.

SIDE NOTE: if you need to upload additional documents after you submit, YOU CAN. They don't make this very clear, but it is possible.

TIMELINE:
2009 Arrived in UK, granted a 5-year non-biometric Res Card as the spouse of an EU citizen (Irish, so he doesn't need to apply)
2014 Applied for a second 5-year non-biometric res card as I was out of the country for a year
21 November 2019 applied for settled status as the spouse of an EU citizen.
25 November 2019 - biometrics
10 December 2019 - Certificate of Application
13 January 2020 - emailed Home Office to chase up my application and received generic response
28 January 2020 - received email from Home Office asking for further documentation of my partner's residence (despite uploading JOINT bank account statements for the period covered).
Uploaded about 12 documents confirming my partner's residence and identity yesterday so now to wait again.
Based on everything you mentioned, just be patient as your case appears to be special.

asadaqeel
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asadaqeel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:10 am

Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:31 pm
asadaqeel wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:30 am
Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:08 pm
Adnane2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:37 am
Hi folks,

my case has been on hold since June !! it's for settlement, has anybody been waiting so long ?
I’ve been waiting since July.Let’s pray and hope our long wait will come out with positive outcome.
I applied on the 4th.Did my biometric on the 9th and got my COA on the 19th.I’ve been waiting for it since.I called them several times sent them email twice.Still heard nothing From them.I applied based on retained right.

Hi Nasara,
Please can you advise on your time line and case ?
I am waiting from 20 June.

Thanks

Hi Nasara, are you divorced ? What documents did you provide them ? I applied as a seperated partner. I couldnt provide me ex valid id.

Thanks

thezy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by thezy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 pm

I'm a Brazilian student on a Tier-4 visa doing a PhD in the UK since 2017. I have been in a relationship with my partner since 2014 and we got married in England on Jan 29, 2020. My husband got his pre-settled status in September 2019.

Applied: 31/01/2020
Biometrics: 21/02/2020 (free appointment)
Further documents: 27/02/2020
COA: waiting

I called the EU settlement on 23/02 and was told the application was fine. I called on 27/02 again and was advised to add residence proof. I also added his passport and both of our National Insurance records.

Since then, I have called/emailed at least 5 times and always get the same answer that caseworker will get back to me at some point. Answer from the last email about when I would receive a COA and if I could escalate my case:

"We understand that you have not received any notifications about the progress of your application. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. Having checked our records, we can confirm that your biometric data and scanned ID document has been linked to your application. You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your valid application, as soon as the manual verification process of your identity and nationality has been fully completed by the relevant team.

You will be notified by the caseworker if any additional information is required or when a decision is made. Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, we are unable to give a timescale for completion. Please rest assured that we will notify the caseworker today of your email and concerns. Please wait to hear from the caseworker and follow their instructions when prompted. We recommend that you check your Inbox, as well as your Spam and Junk Mail folders regularly.

Please note that as the worldwide response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to affect the UK’s Visa and Immigration Service, there will be delays in processing applications."

:?

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:25 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ettle/amp/

Think there will be more delays now !!!

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Ngo wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 pm
amituk wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:24 pm
Ngo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:40 pm
amituk wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 pm
Sir
Did you receive your coa by email or post, if post then when did you receive it your address and on the base of this coa, are you eligible for work now without decision and biometric?
What did they ask you at appointment for biometric and what documents did they ask.
Have you got your decision and biometric now.
Please clear my all queries, I will be so thankful for you sir
Please this depends on what you are applying from. Is it from FP? From tier 2, tier 4 etc. Confirm your area please?
It's from family permit.
I have already fp, and I have applied for eea settlement, so I am asking about it
You will receive your CoA as a letter poster to your address you mentioned while filling your application . For biometrics take with the ID you used to apply for the EU settlement. Biometrics are free most of the time.
Thanks for your answer.
Can I work on the base of COA?

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 pm

eke123 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:18 pm
eke123 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm
docado wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:08 am
Hi
eke123 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:15 am

Sup Docado
Have you heard anything yet from HO?
Still haven't heard from them
2 months gone already
Hi Eke123,
I am still waiting. Called three times and same answers. It seems there is slow processing because of disruption although public offices working like normal. This can also be done from home. Did you contact them again?
I've contacted them today and they said they'll be in touch with me soon. I should keep my eyes on my emails
The thing is when I did my biometrics I didn't have my passport cos its with HO, but this morning at 9:20 they've received my passport from another HO department that is with it and that's why it's taken this long but they'll be in touch soon I should keep my eyes on my email.
Hopefully they'll be in touch soon and I'll surely keep you posted.
All the best
Hey guys I got my CoA this afternoon 16/04/2020
Remember I applied online on 18/01/2020
Biometrics 27/01/2020
Contacted HO through my MP before the lock down
This means HO is attending to some cases.
Let's keep hoping for good.
I'll surely update you guys if anything else happens.
All the best to everyone
Please stay safe.
Congratulations sir
Did you receive your coa by post ?
On the base coa, can you take employment now?

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:26 pm

amituk wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 pm
eke123 wrote:
eke123 wrote:
docado wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:08 am
Hi

Hi Eke123,
I am still waiting. Called three times and same answers. It seems there is slow processing because of disruption although public offices working like normal. This can also be done from home. Did you contact them again?
I've contacted them today and they said they'll be in touch with me soon. I should keep my eyes on my emails
The thing is when I did my biometrics I didn't have my passport cos its with HO, but this morning at 9:20 they've received my passport from another HO department that is with it and that's why it's taken this long but they'll be in touch soon I should keep my eyes on my email.
All the best
Biometrics 27/01/2020
All the best to everyone
Please stay safe.
Congratulations sir
Thank you
I received it by mail
This is what it says regarding work

Note for employers
A person who has applied under the EU Settlement Scheme may already have a right to work in the UK on the basis of EU law.1 of 2
Currently, EEA and Swiss citizens can demonstrate their right to work with their valid EEAor Swiss passport or national identity card.

Non-EEA family members of EEA or Swiss citizens, or a person with a derivative right of residence can demonstrate their right to work in the UK with a valid biometric residence document for as long as they continue to have those rights under EU law.If a non-EEA family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen does not have a biometric residence document, you can request information about their right to work by using the e-form which can be found at: www.immigrationstatuscheck.service.gov.uk/employers/. Further information about the Employer Checking Service and the responsibilities of employers can be found at: www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:47 am

eke123 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:26 pm
amituk wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 pm
eke123 wrote:
eke123 wrote:

All the best
Biometrics 27/01/2020
All the best to everyone
Please stay safe.
Congratulations sir
Thank you
I received it by mail
This is what it says regarding work

Note for employers
A person who has applied under the EU Settlement Scheme may already have a right to work in the UK on the basis of EU law.1 of 2
Currently, EEA and Swiss citizens can demonstrate their right to work with their valid EEAor Swiss passport or national identity card.

Non-EEA family members of EEA or Swiss citizens, or a person with a derivative right of residence can demonstrate their right to work in the UK with a valid biometric residence document for as long as they continue to have those rights under EU law.If a non-EEA family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen does not have a biometric residence document, you can request information about their right to work by using the e-form which can be found at: www.immigrationstatuscheck.service.gov.uk/employers/. Further information about the Employer Checking Service and the responsibilities of employers can be found at: www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status.
Hi guys
Coa worth nothing in terms of employment. I had applied few places with coa and positive verification but the employers refused to offer any job. Even when i tried to perform background check the check company named “xxxxx “ refused coa and positive verification to accept as a right of work. And when spoke to employer about this they said we cant do nothing about it and xxxxx says we are following the guidelines provided by the employer. So day end it worth nothing for me atleast

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:19 am

You are right sir, they are not accepting coa for employment, they need only biometric residence permit

Jirou
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Jirou » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:55 pm

My advice for non-eea family member (unmarried partner) applying for first BRC through the settlement scheme route is to try and put another application for residence card through the EFM/FM route because those guys at the EU Settlement Resolution centre are time wasters. My EUSS application have been pending since March 2019. I receiver COA and did biometrics in April 2019. After waiting for about 3months I started contacting them concerning my application and it was the same scripted reply every time. I decided to contact them through my MP and that was when I got a proper reply that my EUSS application is on hold because my relationship with my EU partner has not been previously recognised by HO.. so to make things easier I would have to apply for a RC.

So last minute I had to put an EEA-EFM application in (December 2019). My only worry now is that last month (3months into my application) they sent me just my passport without any other of the documents I submitted and no decision letter. I didn’t request for my passport and this is freaking me out due to my experience with them in 2016. In 2016, I made an EFM as an unmarried partner (same partner I’m with now), they returned both our passports to us with no note and then refused my application based on the fact that we didn’t include IDs. I was going to appeal but things went sour between me and my partner so I had to go through the LTR route (our child together was British) so I got 2.5years BRP.

I still don’t know why they’ve sent me passport back this around and I have been trying to get answers but no one in the offices can give a proper answer. One said maybe I requested it, the other said she doesn’t know. Does anyone here have a slight clue what this could mean???

traveller9765
Newly Registered

Post by traveller9765 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Jirou wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:55 pm
My advice for non-eea family member (unmarried partner) applying for first BRC through the settlement scheme route is to try and put another application for residence card through the EFM/FM route because those guys at the EU Settlement Resolution centre are time wasters. My EU Settlement Scheme application have been pending since March 2019. I receiver COA and did biometrics in April 2019. After waiting for about 3months I started contacting them concerning my application and it was the same scripted reply every time. I decided to contact them through my MP and that was when I got a proper reply that my EU Settlement Scheme application is on hold because my relationship with my EU partner has not been previously recognised by HO.. so to make things easier I would have to apply for a RC.

So last minute I had to put an EEA-EFM application in (December 2019). My only worry now is that last month (3months into my application) they sent me just my passport without any other of the documents I submitted and no decision letter. I didn’t request for my passport and this is freaking me out due to my experience with them in 2016. In 2016, I made an EFM as an unmarried partner (same partner I’m with now), they returned both our passports to us with no note and then refused my application based on the fact that we didn’t include IDs. I was going to appeal but things went sour between me and my partner so I had to go through the LTR route (our child together was British) so I got 2.5years BRP.

I still don’t know why they’ve sent me passport back this around and I have been trying to get answers but no one in the offices can give a proper answer. One said maybe I requested it, the other said she doesn’t know. Does anyone here have a slight clue what this could mean???
Nothing to worry about with them returning your passport. On their website they state that because of the corona virus they are returning ID documents just in case if you need it to travel.

Jirou
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Jirou » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 am

Oh thanks for that info. At least I can relax! Just can’t wait to be done with HO.

Jirou
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Jirou » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:32 am

Oh thanks for that info. At least I can relax! Just can’t wait to be done with HO.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Non eu applied online :30/01/2020
Biometrics : 03/02/2020
Coa received :20/04/2020

Switching from flr fp 2.5 year.
Partner is Irish citizen already pre settled status.

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:23 pm

What is flr.
What does it mean 2.5
It's validity of your coa

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:27 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 pm

and what does partner mean, are you married or unmarried

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi did it say when you'll receive a decision?

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Flr fp is a visa category under uk immigration rules like a spouse visa.
We are married for 4 years.
Coa says decision will be made in due course.

docado
Scotland

Post by docado » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:06 am

Hi Guys,
It seems they are processing EUSS application although slowly during this horrible time. Couple of guys got COA recently according to their posts! what do you thing guys?

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:59 pm

docado wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:06 am
Hi Guys,
It seems they are processing EU Settlement Scheme application although slowly during this horrible time. Couple of guys got COA recently according to their posts! what do you thing guys?
Yes I think so
I got mine a few days ago on the 16th to be precise and have also seen someone that received his/hers yesterday but on it they said You'll get a decision in due course instead of shortly, I guess it's cos of Covid - 19

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Honestly I don't think " due course " wording means anything because my Eu wife received her coa on 30 January 2020 and it had same wording I just checked it.
She also received her pre settled status within 24 hours .