ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMP Hsmp holder extensions enquire???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gore
Newly Registered

IMP Hsmp holder extensions enquire???

Post by gore » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Hello,

I got my approval in Sep 06 & Initial HSMP visa stamped on 17th OCT 06
But I entered in UK on 23rd March 07 after 5 months. [Short of 5 month for ILR]
And now my visa is due to expire on 17th Oct 08. As I m planning to apply for extension under HSMP
Question: if I got 3 yr extension under HSMP but after 3 yrs I need one more year extension for ILR so that time I will be able to apply for extension again under HSMP or I have to switch under Tier1???

Thanks,
Gore

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:54 pm

If UKBA doesn't grant you leave long enough for you to qualify for ILR in May 2012, then you'll have to apply for another extension as and when the new leave (to remain) is about to expire.

Since you are covered by HSMP JR judgment, you need to use FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) form to make an extension application in October 2008.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gore
Newly Registered

Post by gore » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi Sush,

Thanks for prompt reply..
In yr 2012 (for second extension ) can I again apply for extension under HSMP or that time I have to switch to Tier1???

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:13 pm

gore wrote:Hi Sush,

Thanks for prompt reply..
In yr 2012 (for second extension ) can I again apply for extension under HSMP or that time I have to switch to Tier1???
You will switch to Tier 1 this October onwards ... but you will apply for extension as per HSMP rules (in place before Dec '06). It is immaterial what your visa will say .... in all probability, when you apply in October '08, you'll get your passport back with a sticker stating Tier 1 or Tier 1 (HSMP). But that won't mean that you have lost your HSMP status.

What is important for you is to understand that you are covered by HSMP JR and you will receive extension(s) as per rules that were in force until Dec '06 - whenever you apply for an extension.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!