ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years ILR route vs 5 Year route - Help needed?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pksjkd
Newly Registered
India

10 Years ILR route vs 5 Year route - Help needed?

Post by pksjkd » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi all,
I am writing this on behalf of one of my friend who wants to know his options.

He came to Uk by 2010 as student. He then applied for PSW by 2012 and got it. By 2014 he applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and got that as well. He then switched to Tier 2 General by 2016 Feb and still continuing the same until now. He is earning 50K plus per year for the past 4 years and he has extended his Tier 2 until Feb 2021.

In these times, during 2015 Dec his Tier 2 application got rejected because of an application error and because of this he was stopped in the airports twice and then let him after the checks within an hour both time and after that he had no issues in travelling as well.

When he was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur, he filed his taxes for first year and then he closed the company before the end of second year and failed to submit final returns and VAT.

He wanted to know if it’s safe for him to apply in 10 year ILR route this year or does he have to wait for his 5 year route until 2021 ? Any advices would really help him sort his situation.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 Years ILR route vs 5 Year route - Help needed?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:50 pm

Why can't he register on the forum and ask his own questions?? It is his future at stake, not yours and only your friend knows their full circumstances!!
He came to Uk by 2010 as student. He then applied for PSW by 2012 and got it. By 2014 he applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and got that as well. He then switched to Tier 2 General by 2016 Feb and still continuing the same until now. He is earning 50K plus per year for the past 4 years and he has extended his Tier 2 until Feb 2021.

In these times, during 2015 Dec his Tier 2 application got rejected because of an application error and because of this he was stopped in the airports twice and then let him after the checks within an hour both time and after that he had no issues in travelling as well.
So did he switch in December 2015 or 'by 2016 Feb'?? Why was he stopped exactly??
When he was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur, he filed his taxes for first year and then he closed the company before the end of second year and failed to submit final returns and VAT.
Does he owe HMRC money?
He wanted to know if it’s safe for him to apply in 10 year ILR route this year or does he have to wait for his 5 year route until 2021 ? Any advices would really help him sort his situation.
HO checks HMRC records and immigration records regardless of which ILR route is applied for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pksjkd
Newly Registered
India

Re: 10 Years ILR route vs 5 Year route - Help needed?

Post by pksjkd » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks a lot for responding so quickly.
Why can't he register on the forum and ask his own questions?? It is his future at stake, not yours and only your friend knows their full circumstances!!
- Just a help.

So did he switch in December 2015 or 'by 2016 Feb'?? Why was he stopped exactly??
Initially it got rejected and then the company reapplied for the visa mentioning the error and rectified it. Eventually visa was approved by Feb 2016. During this time, he possessed Tier 1 visa anyways which was only expiring by 2016 May.
Does he owe HMRC money?
So far he paid all the money to HMRC for self assessment with penalities when necessary and closed the self assessment account. How does he find any further information about his taxes with HMRC, so he can arrange for settlement if necessary before applying for ILR?
Boss checks HMRC records and immigration records regardless of which ILR route is applied for.
[/quote]