ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are biometrics no longer required due to COVID-19?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mma_jd
Newly Registered
Poland

Are biometrics no longer required due to COVID-19?

Post by mma_jd » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:10 pm

So I finished my online application about a month ago, literally a couple days after I submitted everything the lockdown happened and all centres etc started closing down. I just checked the online application page and it says somehting like "your application will not be affected by centres closing". So I'm wondering, now that I paid the £1,300 fee, and I can't submit the biometrics, what's exactly going on with my application? How can it not be affected if I can't submit the biometrics? Is my application already being considered, because I don't see how they can if they don't even have the documents like my passport, referee forms etc? (I can't scan these myself, I was going to do it at the biometrics appointment)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Are biometrics no longer required due to COVID-19?

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:35 pm

You simply wait till the centres reopen and book your biometrics. This is mandatory for all applications.

Nothing will happen to your application for now, it will just sit and wait till biometrics are completed and documents uploaded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.