ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Passport / Replacement.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

petervang

New Passport / Replacement.

Post by petervang » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi, I am trying to find out on the following.

I had traveled abroad recently and had my foreign passport replaced as the country had changed its passports from Machine readable to E PASSPORTS. Hence ,I had to change it.

When entering the UK I had used my new Passport along with my BRP that has No Time limit (NTL). my new passport was just stamped with date (as entry stamp) after my finger prints and BRP card were scanned

I am now trying to find out if, do I need to take any further action, such as informing the HO of my new Passport Number or anything further. I had made a few inquires about the issue with immigration adviser and I was told there is NO further need to inform as my Entry was on the new passport and the same was duly scanned along with my BRP and this automatically updates information /records.

I hope this advice and information is correct accordingly.

I will very much appreciate of any advice and feedback on this issue

Thanking in advance for all the assistance that may be rendered.. regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Passport / Replacement.

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:37 pm

such as informing the HO of my new Passport Number or anything further.
No, not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

petervang

Post by petervang » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Thank you very much CR001 for your prompt and assuring response as I was a bit confused, some friend had mentioned to me that I have to fill in a form called Migrants Change of Circumstance that is to inform HO of the New Passport details : within 3 months.

Your assurance has put me at ease and confidence that I do NOT require to inform of the new Passport details.

May God bless you.
Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:01 pm

If the passport authorities had returned you the old passport then you should carry both passports along with your BRP.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

petervang

Post by petervang » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:40 am

Thanks Seagul for your information. I had been given back the old passport . However, when arriving at Heathrow I had only presented my new passport along with the BRP and the officer just asked for my fingerprints and stamped the entry on new passport.

I hope this is OK. Please if anything advice me accordingly.

Thanks and kind regards.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:07 pm

petervang wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:40 am
Thanks Seagul for your information. I had been given back the old passport . However, when arriving at Heathrow I had only presented my new passport along with the BRP and the officer just asked for my fingerprints and stamped the entry on new passport.

I hope this is OK. Please if anything advice me accordingly.

Thanks and kind regards.
Yes if you have been granted entry already then obviously everything was ok.

petervang

Post by petervang » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:30 am

Thanks ChugaLuvMe, for your assurance. God bless all.