ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Covid 19 - Home office asking documents via email

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi,

I am filling my ILR application. I have got some questions, would be great if some one could answer them.

1. Currently I am living with my sister's family. She and her husband are renting the house. I am staying with them. I don't pay any rent. I am wondering what I should answer for the below question in the ILR application.
What is the ownership status of your home?

Should I say- Living with family or choose the option as ''Other' and say 'I live with my sister's family. My Sister and her husband are renting the house' ?

2. Another question in the ILR application - Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
My visa type is Tier 2 General - 5 yrs validity. I dont have any Home Office reference number other than my Tier 2 general application reference number 'GWFXXXXXXXXX'. What should I enter here?

3. One more question in the application - Do you have a valid national identity card?
I have aadhar card issued by Indian government. Should I mention it? I dont have any other identity card.

4.one last question - Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application?
When I got my Visa there was no BRP issued. My visa got stamped in my passport. thats it.
is this correct to say - No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Regarding accomodation

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:02 pm

1. Currently I am living with my sister's family. She and her husband are renting the house. I am staying with them. I don't pay any rent. I am wondering what I should answer for the below question in the ILR application.
What is the ownership status of your home?
Should I say- Living with family or choose the option as ''Other' and say 'I live with my sister's family. My Sister and her husband are renting the house' ?
Living with family
2. Another question in the ILR application - Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
My visa type is Tier 2 General - 5 yrs validity. I dont have any Home Office reference number other than my Tier 2 general application reference number 'GWFXXXXXXXXX'. What should I enter here?
Ignore that
3. One more question in the application - Do you have a valid national identity card?
I have aadhar card issued by Indian government. Should I mention it? I dont have any other identity card.
No. Ignore that
4.one last question - Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application?
When I got my Visa there was no BRP issued. My visa got stamped in my passport. thats it.
is this correct to say - No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave
Yes, it is correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

doraramu84
India

Re: ILR - Regarding accomodation

Post by doraramu84 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thank you very much. Very much appreciated.

doraramu84
India

ILR - regarding proving English knowledge

Post by doraramu84 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my ILR in Mar 2020. To prove my english knowledge, I got the Academic Qualification Level Statement and English Language Proficiency Statement from UK NARIC.

Is this enough, or do I need the letter (Medium of Instruction) from university as well? I only have the scanned copy of the Medium of Instruction not the original.

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - regarding proving English knowledge

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 am

Not required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:39 am

Thanks again, Zimba.

one more question please.

My Tier 2 general visa is valid from 18-04-2015 to 17-05-2020. I have entered UK on the 03-05-2015. Can you please let me know on which date I become eligible to apply for my ILR. is it 28 days before completing 5 years since I entered UK(05-04-2020) or since I was granted leave(21-03-2020) ?

Can you please give me the exact date?

Also, Can you please provide me the gov uk link for this document?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 am

As has been answered 100s of times, it is within 28 days before the initial visa ISSUE date!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doraramu84
India

Going to apply for ILR - moving house

Post by doraramu84 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:25 am

Hi,

I am currently in UK on a tier 2 General Visa. I will be applying for my ILR at end of March 2020. I have been living in a rented house for the last 4.9 years. Now our landlord has given us notice (form 6a) to vacate in 2 months which is 3rd March 2020. I dont know how to deal with this situation while applying for ILR.

1. If I move house by 1st March, I need to wait for another month to collect my utility bills, council tax bills, bank statement, and etc, which will delay my application process. Or the tenancy agreement would suffice?

2. How soon should I submit my application to book my appointment? I mean if I submit my application after 1st March, would it be possible to get an appointment in the next 20 days?. If that is not possible, can I submit my application with my old address and on the date of application, inform about the change of address while going for the appointment to UKVCAS .

or, can you please recommend what is the best thing to do in this situation?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Going to apply for ILR - moving house

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:38 am

I am currently in UK on a tier 2 General Visa. I will be applying for my ILR at end of March 2020. I have been living in a rented house for the last 4.9 years. Now our landlord has given us notice (form 6a) to vacate in 2 months which is 3rd March 2020. I dont know how to deal with this situation while applying for ILR.
Presumably you mean a Section 21 eviction notice. Note that you do not have to vacate at the end of the 2 months or end the tenancy. Following a Section 21 notice period, only a Civil court order can enforce the eviction with a Possession Order and end the tenancy on a stipulated date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:29 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, he used section 21. I will ask him for extra time. If he agrees, then it is ok. otherwise, I dont want him to take it to the court or something.

What are my other options? please suggest

Thanks,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:16 pm

doraramu84 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:29 pm
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, he used section 21. I will ask him for extra time. If he agrees, then it is ok. otherwise, I dont want him to take it to the court or something.

What are my other options? please suggest

Thanks,
Whether your name spellings are correct on notice?
Was your deposit protected within 30 days in tenancy scheme?
Were you supplied the gas & energy performance certificate?
Whether the landlord has correct property licence (if required)?

If the answer is 'NO' to any of above then the notice will be deemed invalid.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

doraramu84
India

ILR - regarding absences

Post by doraramu84 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR and i am bit confused while i was filling up the SET O form, specially related to the immigration History Section. I am applying the ILR considering the qualifying period for ILR from the starting from the 28 days before my visa was granted. Timeline as below

Visa Granted from India (Tier 2) - 18th April 2015
Entry to UK - 03 May 2015

Based on the guidance for the qualifying period for ILR i am considering 28 days from the visa issue date which makes me eligible for applying ILR any date after 21st of March 2020. My specific question is below.

- Absence from UK ? - Do i need to include the period from 18th of April 2015 to 03rd of May 2015 as an absence period from UK, which can be counted as 180 days allowable absence.

If we are stating this in the absences, what should the reason be? It is not the paid leave given by employer, because the employment commenced 2 days after I came to UK.

Thanks

doraramu84
India

ILR appointment - UKVCAS cancelled appointment - coronavirus outbreak

Post by doraramu84 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi,

I have booked an appointment for my ILR on the 28th Mar 2020 at Birmingham sopra steria center. It has now been cancelled due to staff shortages. I understand it is difficult time for all. But I am trying to find out if any guidelines have been published. Do I need to rebook the appointment? I am not able to reach the helpline, it seems to be very busy.

What will happen if I am unable to get an appointment at a later date before my visa expires?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR appointment - UKVCAS cancelled appointment - coronavirus outbreak

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Your date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not your biometric appointment date, which can be after visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

doraramu84
India

Re: ILR appointment - UKVCAS cancelled appointment - coronavirus outbreak by CR001 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by doraramu84 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks CR001,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Is it the application submission date which is considered for 5 year continuous period calculation ?
Because I become eligible to apply for ILR from 21 March, so I have booked my appointment/biometrics on the 28th March. But I have submitted my application on 11th March. Is that going to be an issue?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR appointment - UKVCAS cancelled appointment - coronavirus outbreak by CR001 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm

doraramu84 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:59 am
Thanks CR001,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Is it the application submission date which is considered for 5 year continuous period calculation ?
Because I become eligible to apply for ILR from 21 March, so I have booked my appointment/biometrics on the 28th March. But I have submitted my application on 11th March. Is that going to be an issue?

Thanks,
No problem

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my application for ILR and made an appointment with UKVCAS service centre. Due to Covid-19 situation, the appointment has been postponed to 14th May (originally it was on the 2 April). Today, I have received an email from WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk asking me to send to the scanned copies of my documents to the above email address to process my application to the next stage of assessment.
I am not sure if thats a genuine email or not. Not sure how to confirm it. Has anyone received a similar email? Please help.

Thanks

ILR2020GB
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR - Covid 19 - Home office asking documents via email

Post by ILR2020GB » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Did you choose standard or prioroty service when you submitted your app?

amrotab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by amrotab123 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 pm

ILR2020GB wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:32 pm
Did you choose standard or prioroty service when you submitted your app?
I have received the same email, I checked the email address, the signature details in the email and it seems like a genuine email that refers to Sheffield Premium Centre. I sent my documents already but was surprised that they didnt ask for (passports, BRP card, Degree certificates, consent forms). In the email you received did they ask for all documents?
I submitted a super priority application not sure if that email has anything to do with that

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Before following any email always make sure that whether is it from genuine source:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-scams
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

humanist100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humanist100 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:19 pm

We received similar email. The email didn't ask for all documents but asking for LifeinUK English test , co habitation and absences details

amrotab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by amrotab123 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:35 pm

I just called HO and they confirmed that its a genuine email but were not able to give me any further information why not all documents have been requested or what measures are going to be taken.

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:59 pm

I just got a similar email. No request for BRP card or nothing about our existing UKVCAS appointment.
The email address is: WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk> via ukhomeoffice.onmicrosoft.com

I'm not very sure and a bit worried to be honest to share all the details they have asked:
Bank statements
Pay slips
travel details etc

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:02 pm

bmnikhil wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:59 pm
I just got a similar email. No request for BRP card or nothing about our existing UKVCAS appointment.
The email address is: WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk> via ukhomeoffice.onmicrosoft.com

I'm not very sure and a bit worried to be honest to share all the details they have asked:
Bank statements
Pay slips
travel details etc
It is genuine

amrotab123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by amrotab123 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:29 pm

bmnikhil wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Bank statements
Pay slips
travel details etc
Was your appointment/application initially 'Super priority' I'm wondering if they have sent those emails to people who paid £800 pounds extra for super priority or if its for everyone who has booked an appointment before UKVCAS closed .