ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU parent of Non-EU citizen EEA application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Theia
Newly Registered
United States of America

Non-EU parent of Non-EU citizen EEA application

Post by Theia » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Hello,

I would like to confirm a few things. I am a non-eu national and is EU citizen. My partner recently lost his job due to corona virus and he is planning to apply to apprenticeship in September. At the moment he is starting to claim UC until September. We have been living apart for a year as we broke up and he is now going to move in with me again. He has been working until the end of March.

We would like to bring my mom (non-eu) to the UK. She is having health problems and she is living alone. As my partner had a different address for a year and he has been working in a different city, would this be an obstacle? He is going to move in with me in a few weeks so we will have the same address and he will be starting an apprenticeship in September, until then he will be claiming UC. Would it be better to apply this after September as he would need to show his apprenticeship evidence? Also Do we need to prove financial dependency of my mom (money transfer).

Thanks

Theia
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Non-EU parent of Non-EU citizen EEA application

Post by Theia » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Note - The current visa I have is EEA FM (5yrs) started in 2018 November and my partner (EU national) and I (non-EU) are married.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:25 pm

Sorry, I just read your second post. So you are married.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Hello

I see a few difficulties you are going to face. In it's essence, the immigration system of the UK is built to avoid people paying 40 years worth of taxes in their country then coming to the UK when they need full time NHS care.

You are separated with your EEA national. How can he sponsor your family?

Your EEA national doesn't work. Is he self-sufficient or something? Otherwise, his claim to support other parties would be weak.

Still, you can fill the EEA FM for your mum and hope for the best.

Theia
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Theia » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello,

My mom is retired in my home country. I was separated for a year however my partner will not move into the same address with me in the following weeks and we are back together.

He is not working as he lost his job due to corona virus this month and applied for UC. He wants to get into apprenticeship in September. We are not sure what documents we will need to show. I've been told that we will not need to show dependency as in money transfer from our account to my mom's.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:59 am

You application seems very weak to me. I believe the risk of refusal is really high. While it's difficult to give you a percentage, I think the refusal is nearly certain in your case.

The impact on your mum would be serious: she won't be able to get a visitor visa to the UK in the future. Once an immigration application fails, the person is not accepted as a visitor in the future. So you need to factor that in your decision to lodge an application.

As I said, the weak points is that you are separated with your EEA national and that the EEA national doesn't work. Even if he starts an apprenticeship in September, this is not a job with a salary allowing him to demonstrate that he is supporting an adult for basic need.

On the personal level, I think you may open a can of worms if you bring your mum in. Supporting an adult who doesn't work is a massive financial burden beyond the reach of most people. I recommend looking with a financial adviser to carefully evaluate your disposable income and the costs of this project. I have already seen people with maxed out credit cards and a myriad of high interest loans taken to face that burden.