ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy agreement - spouse visa - Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k4karthik
Newly Registered

Tenancy agreement - spouse visa - Help!

Post by k4karthik » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm about to bring my wife this month.
Right now i am staying in a shared room.
I hav planned to move to a flat by october.
Once i move there my wife will join me.

For applying her visa now, i am sending the flat tenancy agreement.

Is that sufficient? or shuld i add any other documents with that?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Do you mean any other documents related to the accomodation?
You need to show that the flat won't be 'overcrowded' once your wife joins you...how many and what size are the rooms. You should also have a letter from the landlord stating that your wife can live in the shared accomodation with you.

k4karthik
Newly Registered

Post by k4karthik » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:06 pm

Casa wrote:how many and what size are the rooms.
hope that is mentioned in the agreement.!
Casa wrote:You should also have a letter from the landlord stating that your wife can live in the shared accomodation with you.
ok. Thanks Casa...

Should i also sumbit council tax bill?
(Now its in the name of present tenant's name.)[/quote]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:21 am

Reading this will help.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:06 am

I don't think you'll gain anything by including the council tax bill if it's in the present tenants name. Will you be submitting the application once you've moved into the flat? If so, you may be able to register for council tax at this address as soon as you move in, and include the bill with your name. Don't forget to add your wife's name to the tenancy agreement and as many bills as possible once she arrives as proof of joint address ready for when you need to apply for ILR is 2 years time. Good to plan ahead! :D

k4karthik
Newly Registered

Post by k4karthik » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:11 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Reading this will help.
thanks for ur help sushmehta...

k4karthik
Newly Registered

Post by k4karthik » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Casa wrote:Will you be submitting the application once you've moved into the flat?
nope.. planned to submit by next week...
Casa wrote: Don't forget to add your wife's name to the tenancy agreement
yes.. i did... :)
Thanks many for ur help..

k4karthik
Newly Registered

Post by k4karthik » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 am

i'm sending just the tenancy agreement papers and not any other bills.. i have a doubt that on what basis i make them believe that agreement is geniune..??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 am

Unless you have a particular reason to think that the tenency agreement doesn't look genuine, I can't see that there would be a problem.
Does it have an address and contact number of the landlord? We're talking about the flat you'll be moving to in October? If so, what are you sending regarding the shared accomodation you are in at present and where your wife will be living when she first arrives?

k4karthik
Newly Registered

Post by k4karthik » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Casa wrote:Does it have an address and contact number of the landlord?
yes.. it does..
Casa wrote: We're talking about the flat you'll be moving to in October? If so, what are you sending regarding the shared accomodation you are in at present and where your wife will be living when she first arrives?
i'm planning to send her only the tenancy agreement where i'll move this oct. This agreement includes my wife name too...

Do i need to send my present tenancy agreement (rent a room) where i'm staying now... ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:16 am

The ECO will be more interested in where you are going to live when you wife first arrives in the OK, rather than where you plan to move to later.
You need to show your present tenency agreement, together with a letter from your landlord agreeing to her joining you there. Also as mentioned before, sizes of rooms and how many, to prove that the accomodation will be adequate. Is your present property rented through an agency, a private landlord, or the local council?
Sorry, I've just noticed that your posts reads 'in a shared room'. Can you explain a little more about the accomodation you have at the moment, and how many live in the property?

k4karthik
Newly Registered

Post by k4karthik » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:18 am

Casa wrote: Sorry, I've just noticed that your posts reads 'in a shared room'. Can you explain a little more about the accomodation you have at the moment, and how many live in the property?
at present 'm staying at doublebed room house. i hav rented a singlebed room(slight bigger than box room) in that accmdtn. the tenancy agreement says ''rent a room/ flatshare''. i cant really live with my wife at this accmtdn.. so planned to move to another place by october. so that my wife can join me there at the new place. i hav made the agreement last week on both our name. My query is should i send just the new agreement? or my present agreement too??

P.S: she planned to travel here by first week of october..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 am

Sorry, got confused as to where you would both be living when your wife first arrives. Don't worry about the tenency agreement for the room you're renting now as she won't be living there. Just send the agreement for the flat where you'll be moving in together.