ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-IED after HSMP approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:34 pm

Globetrotter posted :-
I think that I'll wait for my docs to be returned until I start in with the post office. You have to wait 10 working days anyway apparently.
I think that is the case where the letter might have gone missing. However, as I understand it, you are not claiming it has gone missing ... it was delivered successfully ... but merely the Post Office neglected to get a signature before they handed it over.

So I think, make it clear that the letter has not got lost, it has been delivered, and ask for the return of the Special Delivery fee that you paid.

Last time I had cause to do this, a letter posted to Companies House, sent Recorded Delivery, delivered but not signed for, I ended up getting a couple of books of stamps, worth far more than the fee I had paid.

Presumably the Track & Trace is not yet indicating a delivery date/time?
John

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:41 pm

Well it is great news really, cause my fear was that they were going to have such a huge backlog, especially with the extension applications who were trying to beat the deadline for the fee increase. My hope is that there wont be as many applications in the next few weeks as people a lot of people have already sent in their application, so they will probably take advantage of this time to clear the Oct / Nov applications.
Anyway the decision is good news for you as I know you were getting very worried there that your application was delayed and were going to be charged the new fees. Good luck with the results, and don’t forget to keep us posted

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:48 pm

Yes, I was very much worried because the royal mail tracking site was not saying anything about the delivery (they are still saying it is in progress). Moreover, I got a call from my previous employer to join them as a contractor so I needed my passport as soon as possible. I hope they have granted me FLR and stamped my passport :)
I really wish they process Oct/Nov applications soon.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:17 pm

Globetrotter, Did you get your passport and documents back?
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:17 am

--> indian_in_uk I have not received them nor any notice of a delivery attempt. I am going to send them an email today.

Have you received yours?

GT

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:04 am

Globetrotter, did you send them a prepaid Special Delivery envelope for them to return the documents to you? If so, did you make a note of the reference number? And if so, have you used the Post Office's Track & Trace service to see if that envelope is yet in the Post Office system?

Last April we posted my wife's naturalisation application, enclosing a prepaid Special Delivery envelope. For the next nearly five weeks the Track & Trace was reporting effectively "not known" but then, one day, it reported that the envelope was not yet delivered! We knew it was on its way back, and indeed it duly arrived the next morning!
John

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:03 pm

John --> Did I send I prepaid SD envelope?

EEP! Er... NO! :shock:

I thought that they sent passports & such back via "Special Delivery" Maybe I had better check the hallway outside the flat (we don't use the mail entrance). My docs may be just sitting there!

Here's me :oops: for assuming they used Royal Mail "SD"

GT

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:14 pm

i think they do use special deliver for in country applications, just check the forms to make sure. again it could be that your docs are still sitting in 'dispatch'

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:49 pm

Globetrotter, certainly for naturalisation applications, if you don't send them a prepaid Special Delivery envelope then IND use Recorded Delivery to return the documents to you.

I would assume the same for visa applications.
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:23 pm

I sent one pre paid Special delivery envelope with my application. I was told by Home office customer service on 7th April that my documents are in dispatch and will be send by special delivery. I have trying track and trace utility of royal mail as I know the reference number of SD but still there is no news. It is 12th April now.... I dont know for how many days they keep the parcels in dispatch....

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:32 pm

John is right they use Recorded first class mail not special delivery unless you send a prepaid envelope. first class may take a while.

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:25 pm

>>first class may take a while.<<

:x NEWMAN! :P

(I'll give anyone credit if they get that quote)

GT
P.S. I hope that none take offence to a bit of humour, these applications are stressful for all I would gather, and they say laughter is the best medicine. I'm just kicking myself for not including a SD return envelope with my app. :?

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:26 am

indian_in_uk --> Please tell us when your receive your documents back.

Question for all --> For recorded delivery, does the Royal Mail leave a delivery attempt notice so you can pick it up at a post office?

GT

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:32 am

Globetrotter - I will PM you when I receive my documents back. I enclosed pre paid special delivery envelope with the application and I was informed on 7th April that the documents are in dispatch but till now no news.

Regarding your second question - Yes, As Recorded delivery is a signed for post, they leave a delivery attempt notice so you can pick it up at post office

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:52 am

indian_in_uk --> Cheers for the info mate...

GT

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:07 am

Indian-in-UK posted :-
Recorded delivery is a signed for post, they leave a delivery attempt notice so you can pick it up at post office
Indeed, that is how it should work. But on a number of occasions over the years we have failed to get that "delivery attempt notice". So if you are expecting something by Recorded Delivery, or even Special Delivery, and it has failed to arrive, why not contact your local Sorting Office and ask if they are holding anything there? That is what we do.
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:38 pm

Just received an email from WPCustomers@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear XXX

The documents were released by dispatch on 12 April 2005 via Special
Delivery to you. The Royal Mail reference is ZI ******. Please check
with the Royal Mail for delivery if not already received.

Regards,

Customer Service Advisor
* Customer Contact Centre
Work Permits UK, Home Office
P.O. Box 3468
Sheffield, S3 8WA
* 0114 259 4074

Eagerly waiting..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:10 pm

Has the Special Delivery envelope now arrived? It should have been delivered by now, given the nature of the Special Delivery service.
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:39 pm

Just called home and found that the documents are arrived safely.
I will check later in the evening whether everything is fine :)

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:26 pm

Received my documents and 3 year extension today. Less than 2 weeks turnaround is pretty impressive!

GT

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:38 pm

Congratulations Globetrotter, and indeed also to Indian_in_UK.
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:59 pm

Congrats Globetrotter
Enjoy :)

richsam
Newly Registered

maybe courier docs?

Post by richsam » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Hiya Folks,

In order to avoid the potential pains of special delivery (although they may be unlikely) does anyone have any ideas of how to get a courier to pick up documents once processed by home office?

Thanks
Richsam