ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship based on irish child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rahim26
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship based on irish child

Post by Rahim26 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:22 am

Hi everyone.
What documents required for citizenship based on irish citizen child.
Q.2. Can i apply for citizenship after 3 years

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship based on irish child

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:55 am

You can apply based on Irish associations but you have to be able to demonstrate a strong tie with Irish heritage. Otherwise you should wait for 5 years.
Documents on are ISD website - just the standard
document requirements.

Rahim26
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Rahim26 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Thanks for reply. What form i have to use if I apply after 3 years and what documents strong my case. Can u explain me plz.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:37 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:55 am
You can apply based on Irish associations but you have to be able to demonstrate a strong tie with Irish heritage. Otherwise you should wait for 5 years.
Documents on are ISD website - just the standard
document requirements.
i did not even know that I would have been able to apply for irish citizenship after 3 years as a parent of irish child, otherwise I would have been applied for. Even now, I am almost 100% sure that you still need to reside 5 years in the state in order to be entitled for citizenship

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:48 pm

I did jot know that i would have been able to apply for citizenship after 3 years of residence in state once the child is irish citizen, otherwise I would have been applied long ago. From my point of view, parents who are shown in childs birth cert is a strong case in order to be able to apply as a parent of irish citizen child, even though i have only applied after 5 years of residence in the state as a parent of irish child

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:03 pm

OP - It's just the standard form (Form 8). You don't seem to have properly reviewed the website of the citizenship department of INIS/ISD. You should really read the website first.

@zaza7625 - *in theory* it is possible to apply for citizenship based on Irish associations. It is not against the protocals set out in the citizenship law. However, in reality I can't see how one person can actually succeed just because they have an Irish child and I have never heard of anyone who succeeded.