ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) extension document question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajwilo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) extension document question

Post by ajwilo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:31 pm

I know this is something that has been gone over before, and I've read lots of posts to try and get clarity before posting on here. But I'm still a little unclear, and thought I'd post my question in an attempt to get some reassurance! I apologise in advance if anyone kind enough to answer will be repeating themselves by doing so.

My wife is in the UK on a spouse visa. She's on the 5 year partner route. Her first period of further leave to remain was given in December 2017, so we need to apply for her 2nd period of FLR before 18th June this year (2020). I wanted some clarity on the number and type of documents needed as proof of co-habitation. The guidance notes says something along the lines of 6 items addressed jointly to the applicant and sponsor (from 3 different sources or more), spread evenly over a period of 2 years prior to application for visa renewal. If we submit the application in May 2020, then we'll need documents darting from May 2018-May 2020.

So 6 items spread evenly would be 1 item for every 4 month period, addressed to us both. Is that correct? The 3 different sources we have are:
1. joint bank account statement
2. council tax bill in both names
3. letter from mortgage provider

Would 1 item every 4 months from one of the above sources be meeting the requirements? My understanding is that if there's a 4 month period where we don't have something addressed to us both, we can supply 2 different items - 1 addressed to my wife and 1 addressed to me. Bank statements, letters from HMRC, NHS, Pension providers etc are legitimate sources to meet this requirement. Have I understood that correctly?
What we have in terms of address documents are as follows (we worked on the basis of having an item addressed to us both, or 2 individually addressed items, for every 3 months rather than 4, to be on the safe side):

May - July 2018: 1 x bank statement addressed to APPLICANT; 1 x student loans letter addressed to SPONSOR.
Aug - Oct 2018: 1 x joint account bank statement addressed to us BOTH
Nov 2018 - Jan 2019: 1 x mortgage offer letter from mortgage provider addressed to us BOTH
Feb - Apr 2019: 1 x joint account bank statement addressed to us BOTH
May - July 2019: 1 x council tax bill addressed to us BOTH
Aug - Oct 2019: 1 x joint account bank statement addressed to us BOTH
Nov 2019 - Jan 2020: 1 x annual mortgage statement from mortgage provider addressed to us BOTH
Feb - May 2020: 1 x council tax bill addressed to us BOTH

Would the above suffice, are there enough different sources etc? There'll be an extra piece of correspondence in there, because my wife will get her last 6 months bank statements showing her salary being paid in to her individual account. But she'll get them delivered closer to the date of application.

Another issue is a property inspection report. We did this for the first application, because we were living in rented accommodation and sharing with a friend. We now have our own place which we jointly own - do we need a property inspection report, or are the title deeds from Land Registry, along with floor plan etc., enough? Obviously getting a property inspection report whilst the country is in lockdown due to Covid-19 isn't possible. However, I haven't found any info anywhere from the Home Office saying that the need for a property inspection report has been waived.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Arthur

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) extension document question

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:06 pm

ajwilo wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:31 pm
I know this is something that has been gone over before, and I've read lots of posts to try and get clarity before posting on here. But I'm still a little unclear, and thought I'd post my question in an attempt to get some reassurance! I apologise in advance if anyone kind enough to answer will be repeating themselves by doing so.

My wife is in the UK on a spouse visa. She's on the 5 year partner route. Her first period of further leave to remain was given in December 2017, so we need to apply for her 2nd period of FLR before 18th June this year (2020). I wanted some clarity on the number and type of documents needed as proof of co-habitation. The guidance notes says something along the lines of 6 items addressed jointly to the applicant and sponsor (from 3 different sources or more), spread evenly over a period of 2 years prior to application for visa renewal. If we submit the application in May 2020, then we'll need documents darting from May 2018-May 2020.

So 6 items spread evenly would be 1 item for every 4 month period, addressed to us both. Is that correct? The 3 different sources we have are:
1. joint bank account statement
2. council tax bill in both names
3. letter from mortgage provider

Would 1 item every 4 months from one of the above sources be meeting the requirements? My understanding is that if there's a 4 month period where we don't have something addressed to us both, we can supply 2 different items - 1 addressed to my wife and 1 addressed to me. Bank statements, letters from HMRC, NHS, Pension providers etc are legitimate sources to meet this requirement. Have I understood that correctly? Yes
What we have in terms of address documents are as follows (we worked on the basis of having an item addressed to us both, or 2 individually addressed items, for every 3 months rather than 4, to be on the safe side):

May - July 2018: 1 x bank statement addressed to APPLICANT; 1 x student loans letter addressed to SPONSOR.
Aug - Oct 2018: 1 x joint account bank statement addressed to us BOTH
Nov 2018 - Jan 2019: 1 x mortgage offer letter from mortgage provider addressed to us BOTH
Feb - Apr 2019: 1 x joint account bank statement addressed to us BOTH
May - July 2019: 1 x council tax bill addressed to us BOTH
Aug - Oct 2019: 1 x joint account bank statement addressed to us BOTH
Nov 2019 - Jan 2020: 1 x annual mortgage statement from mortgage provider addressed to us BOTH
Feb - May 2020: 1 x council tax bill addressed to us BOTH

Would the above suffice, are there enough different sources etc? There'll be an extra piece of correspondence in there, because my wife will get her last 6 months bank statements showing her salary being paid in to her individual account. But she'll get them delivered closer to the date of application.

Another issue is a property inspection report. We did this for the first application, because we were living in rented accommodation and sharing with a friend. We now have our own place which we jointly own - do we need a property inspection report, or are the title deeds from Land Registry, along with floor plan etc., enough? Obviously getting a property inspection report whilst the country is in lockdown due to Covid-19 isn't possible. However, I haven't found any info anywhere from the Home Office saying that the need for a property inspection report has been waived.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Arthur
The documents you are using are they all at your current address or a combination of your former rented address and your current home..
I have not read of a requirement for property inspection report for renewal.
Knowledgeable forum members and MODs will guide now.

ajwilo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ajwilo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Thank you AmazonianX, for your quick reply.

Yes, our address correspondence covers our previous rented address (the same address we had when applying for first period of FLR) from May 2018-May 2019, then our new address from May 2019-present day.

So, for example, the mortgage offer letter from mortgage provider is addressed to us BOTH at our previous address in December 2018; and the annual mortgage statement is addressed to us BOTH at our new address in January 2019.

Because of the expected delay to all applications being caused by Covid-19, I'm trying to make sure I submit just the documents required as per guidelines. I don't want to submit loads of documents that aren't really necessary, simply because I'm nervous of not having enough or don't fully understands the guidelines. I'd like the application to be as streamlined as possible so as to make it as quick as possible. Whether it works like that I haven't a clue! But previously we would've done a priority service so as to avoid my wife being unable to travel for any length of time, in case she needs to visit family last minute. That's not an option now, and I imagine the usual 8 week wait for normal applications will be somewhat longer than that seen as everyone is forced down that route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Your cohabitation evidences seems satisfactory as are arranged with even gaps from at least 3 sources covering the last 2 years. Remember the number of addresses don't matter as long as the required amount of evidences kept generating.
Regarding accomodation you won't need property inspection report because you aren't now sharing with any none-related adult. Just attach your title deed, mortgage statement and council tax to meet the accomodation requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.