ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed SOC 2135 does RLMT needed?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Urgent help needed SOC 2135 does RLMT needed?

Post by vtox_g » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Hey Guys, urgent help is needed

Recently I lost my job and one the company is ready to sponsor me the visa but their legal agency is saying RLMT needs to be done for my job SOC 2135. When I see the Shortage Occupation List my job code is included

here is the link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

Can you please advise if they have to do RLMT for my job, my new job title will be Digital Insights Analyst.

And here its clear under Advertising the job section it says You may need to advertise the job you’re offering if it’s not on the shortage occupation list.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... uitability

They will come back to me tomorrow sooner you let me know that will be great.

And with the current Covid situation, please let me know if there is something I need to know which can help with the process.

Thank you
Vittal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help needed SOC 2135 does RLMT needed?

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Can you please stop tagging onto other members topics!!! You have been asked before to stop doing this. We are ALL unpaid volunteers on the forum for heaven's sake.

Unclear why you cannot read Appendix K yourself instead of spamming the forum!!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

quoala
Mood:
England

Post by quoala » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm

RLMT is not required for shortage occupation and SOC 2135 is in shortage occupation, so as long as you're applying under this code you are exempted from RLMT no matter what the agency says.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:18 pm
Can you please stop tagging onto other members topics!!! You have been asked before to stop doing this. We are ALL unpaid volunteers on the forum for heaven's sake.

Unclear why you cannot read Appendix K yourself instead of spamming the forum!!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list
I have read this appendix K maybe 100 times and it's very clear on HO website that my job code does not require RLMT. I was very confused because one of the well-known immigration agency says that my job code does not come under shortage skill and requires RLMT. I am not sure what made them say that then I send them the link where it says the same now I am waiting for their response hopefully they understand.

And I am sorry, I didn't tag you intentionally next time ill keep this in mind I was very stressed and tensed. Thanks for your help.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:19 pm

quoala wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm
RLMT is not required for shortage occupation and SOC 2135 is in shortage occupation, so as long as you're applying under this code you are exempted from RLMT no matter what the agency says.
Thank you for confirming, very helpful. I have communicated to the agency on the same and waiting for their reply.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:44 pm

quoala wrote:
Has this been changed recently? I checked a year back and it used to be only for senior devs in qualifying companies (pre approval from HO) But now it says all jobs.

Not sure if this has been changed in the last year

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:46 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:44 pm
quoala wrote:
Has this been changed recently? I checked a year back and it used to be only for senior devs in qualifying companies (pre approval from HO) But now it says all jobs.

The SOL changed from 6th October 2019.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:46 pm
rubyracer2 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:44 pm
quoala wrote:

The SOL changed from 6th October 2019.
Thanks Char, that is great news for anyone looking for a new job soon. At least one less hurdle to worry about

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Mon May 11, 2020 11:34 am

Hello,

My current job code on SOC 2135 and job title is web marketing analyst and the new job title will be digital insight analyst but the responsibilities are almost the same at least 80 % matching. Last Friday I got an email from company HR saying the immigration agency is still looking into this and said it looks promising but she is still waiting for their agency to confirm.

My question is why do you think they are taking so much time for this when things are given on the HO website very clearly?

Thank you

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Fri May 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Hello,

A couple of days back I have an offer and they also agreed to raise the COS and they confirmed that they have raised the COS, today I got another offer and event they are ok to sponsor me the visa and I would like to go with the second company, so here in my case first company needs to cancel the COS in order for me to go with the second company right or is it ok for a second company to raise the COS at the same time and I cancel the COS for the first company as soon as the second company confirms they have raised the COS

In my case, it's unrestricted COS as I am already in the UK. If you can share your thought as soon as possible that will be a great help thank you very much.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Sun May 17, 2020 5:10 pm

I'll be grateful if anyone shares their thoughts on this. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm

The first employer has to cancel the cos before the second employer can assign a cos to you.

You cannot have two CoS in your name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Mon May 18, 2020 11:01 am

Thanks for your help, can they cancel the COS from SMS or solicitor needs to do something here? I have told them to cancel on SMS and they are saying Solicitor needs to do it. I was assuming if they have access to SMS is should easy to cancel.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Mon May 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Hey CR001, I got confirmation saying the first employer has raised the COS but they have not assigned it to me yet because HO has not allocated to them yet. So they said this will not create any issue if another employer is raising the COS. Please let me know if this is fine.

Thank you in Adance

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Wed May 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Any thoughts on this, thank you in advance.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Hey, Any thoughts on my last point?

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 pm

Hello, I need some expert advice on my situation, can some please help me understand that there won't be any issue while the second employer is raising the COS. As the first employer confirmed that there will not be an issue as COS was raised but its not yet assigned to me. So this will not cause any conflict right? I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly in this current situation.

Thank you so much in advance.