ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement after online submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Efficasy
United Kingdom

Acknowledgement after online submission

Post by Efficasy » Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am

Hi guys,

I’ve submitted online application. Can’t book a UKVICAS appointment due to Covid-19.

I received a payment confirmation email but my worry is in a few days I could be stoped from working if I don’t have Acknowledgment letter stating I have an application in progress.

I’m guessing I’m not the only one making visa extension application during this pandemic. Has anyone managed to get the home office to issue some sort of acknowledgement letter? Or will I receive one eventually despite not been able to book a UKVCAS appointment?

harpreet1316
India

Re: Acknowledgement after online submission

Post by harpreet1316 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 am

Hi
I am facing similar problem I have contacted Ukvi and checked several places home office don’t send any acknowledgement letter that payment email is proof of your employment only
Would u just elaborate as I am about to fill mine online as well what does payment confirmation email says
Like does it mention your name and says that it is confirmation that you have submitted your application etc

geoeng
Canada

Re: Acknowledgement after online submission

Post by geoeng » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am

Efficasy wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am
I’m guessing I’m not the only one making visa extension application during this pandemic. Has anyone managed to get the home office to issue some sort of acknowledgement letter? Or will I receive one eventually despite not been able to book a UKVCAS appointment?
First of all, please ask further questions in your existing thread rather than starting a new thread so all the details of your situation ca be followed.

No confirmation or acknowledgement is typically provided beyond the payment confirmation email, which also provides a reference number. Your right to work is extended by Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 while you have a pending valid application or appeal. Your employer can use the employer checking service to check your right to work with the Home Office while you have a pending application or appeal, details are in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.