ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa extension from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NaturalisationQuery
Newly Registered

Family visa extension from India

Post by NaturalisationQuery » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 am

Hi,

I am a british citizen and my wife's family visa is due to renewal in August 1st week. At present she is in India and due to lockdown and the current situation I am planning to extend her stay longer there.

- Would it be possible to extend her visa from India?
- If so what is the procedure, any extra docs needed, links etc would be really appreaciated

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family visa extension from India

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:33 pm

NaturalisationQuery wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 am
Hi,

I am a british citizen and my wife's family visa is due to renewal in August 1st week. At present she is in India and due to lockdown and the current situation I am planning to extend her stay longer there.

- Would it be possible to extend her visa from India?
- If so what is the procedure, any extra docs needed, links etc would be really appreaciated

Thanks
Extensions of visas aren't allowed from outside of UK and at very latest the only relaxation has been offered for those whose 30 days of entry clearance vigenette is expiring/has expired. Maybe similar facilitation be offered in near future.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 pm

The applicant and their partner must both be in the UK to apply for Further Leave to Remain (visa extension). I am not aware of any change to this requirement yet (others may have more on this). You may want to contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre for advice on these circumstances. Contact details and other guidance are in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... outside-uk
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

NaturalisationQuery
Newly Registered

Post by NaturalisationQuery » Fri May 01, 2020 9:43 am

Thanks for your replies.