ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dng_131
India

Questions on Referees

Post by dng_131 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:23 pm

Dear All,

I hope you are keeping well in this testing times. I am in the process of applying for Naturalisation for myself and my wife. I have completed the form but have not paid for it yet. I am planning to submit it by the end of April 2020.

I wanted to check with all the experts here about three questions on Referee.

Question 1: I have two referees out of which 1st refree has got British Citizenship in Oct 2019 and got passport issued in Nov 2019. Is this ok to use this person as a referee in my application?

Question 2:Is there any legislation that refree should have hold their passport for at least 12 months or longer?

Second referee has got passport issued in april 2016.

Both my referees are managers,
1. Global Regulatory Affaris Manager
2. Project Manager in Finance Sector

Question 3: Would this be acceptable referee's as Managers?

Question 4: Do referee's have to sign at the back of the applicant's passport photos? Is there any gudance for referee which I can find online which is up to date by Gov.uk? I treid to look for more information but could not find it. I am aware of that once I submit the application I will get a link to download referee's forms.

Thanks for your time and support on this in advance.

Kind regards,

DG

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions on Referees

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:26 pm

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. You only need ONE professional referee of any nationality who is on the HO approved list. A project manager is likely not suitable as a professional referee. Note that not referees have to know each applicant for a minimum of 3 years.

4. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:36 pm

Hi Char,

Many thanks for your reply. Thanks for your insight about the project manager title. Same referee is the director of the limited company so I will change that to Director than Project manager. I believe that would be acceptable?

I know both referees for more than 3 years.

Many thanks,

DG

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Fine yes.

Are you using same referees for your spouse? The known for 3 years applies to spouse too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi Char,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am going to use same referees for my wife's application and also for myself. We both know our referees for more than 3 years. Thanks for asking.

Kind regards,

DG

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Hello Char,

One of my referee is Engineer of a limited company? Does that count as a professional referee?

Thanks,

DG