ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Spouse Visa/5 Year Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Application - Spouse Visa/5 Year Route

Post by rain_ » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi all,

My wife is in the process of applying for her ILR, I would appreciate if anyone could provide some clarification on the questions below:

1. My wife's visa expires on the 16th May. We applied for her ILR on the 19th April which if I am correct is exactly within 28 days of expiry. I'm pretty confident that we applied within the 28 day window however, I was wondering if anyone could check to reassure us incase we made a mistake with the dates?

2. All our documents and payslips are ready to upload, but we are unsure whether there is any point in uploading any documents dated after the submission date (19/04/2020). For example, I received a payslip this morning dated 24th April, would there be any point including this payslip in our upload?

3. I have been working in my current job for the past 5 years, earning comfortably above the £18,600 threshold. I understand that we are required to upload payslips relating to the last 6 months however, would it be an issue if we were to upload more than 6? e.g 12 payslips.

4. Can we provide all documents relating to the last 2.5 years? Would it provide any extra security? Professional advice that we've received has recommended that we upload everything relating to the past 2.5 years (Bank statements, payslips, all P60's etc.).

5. When creating our PDF documents for payslips, is it better to limit each payslip to its own PDF or combine all payslips into one PDF as long as we don't exceed the 6mb limit?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application - Spouse Visa/5 Year Route

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm

1. https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=

2. Date if application is the date you submit and pay online and that is the relevant date for supporting documents.

3. Why would you want to submit more than what is required? It adds no value or influence.

4. Why submit a whole bunch of uncecesary documents. Only submit what is required, which is why HO asks for specific things if a specific duration. P60s are NOT required. You only need 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements and employer letter. 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both your names. English B1 (if relevant and not exempt) and liuk and passports. That's it.

5. It doesn't matter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rain_ » Sat May 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Many thanks for your help. Just another quick question about scanning documents. Do we need to scan both sides of each document? For example, the reverse side of our council tax bill contains information about how to pay which is not really relevant, does this still need to be scanned?

This has also caused some confusion for the scanning of 6 letters proving that we live at the same address. Some of these documents are marked as "page 1/3" with the remaining pages not being relevant. Will the absence of pages 2 and 3 in this example cause a problem or should we just play it safe and scan every single page?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Do we need to scan both sides of each document? For example, the reverse side of our council tax bill contains information about how to pay which is not really relevant, does this still need to be scanned?
Just the first page.
This has also caused some confusion for the scanning of 6 letters proving that we live at the same address. Some of these documents are marked as "page 1/3" with the remaining pages not being relevant. Will the absence of pages 2 and 3 in this example cause a problem or should we just play it safe and scan every single page?
For these you need to scan the complete document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sun May 03, 2020 8:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm
1. https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=

2. Date if application is the date you submit and pay online and that is the relevant date for supporting documents.

3. Why would you want to submit more than what is required? It adds no value or influence.

4. Why submit a whole bunch of uncecesary documents. Only submit what is required, which is why HO asks for specific things if a specific duration. P60s are NOT required. You only need 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements and employer letter. 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both your names. English B1 (if relevant and not exempt) and liuk and passports. That's it.

5. It doesn't matter.
CR001, in some cases P60's are required. My wife was specifically asked to provide a P60 (and 12 months salary slips) on her spouse ILR (SET(M) application. The requirement was repeated on the checklist at the end of the application.

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rain_ » Wed May 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi, I didn't know whether to start a new post or to continue under my current one. Hope someone can provide some clarity on the below?

I called the UK Visa Coronavirus Helpline today to get some reassurance on something that was on my mind. Unfortunately, the call ended without a clear answer and left me with more questions!

The UKVCAS website was updated yesterday to reflect new information for those whose applications have been affected by Coronavirus. We submitted my wife’s application for ILR on 19th April 2020 which was after the whole Coronavirus thing took off. Like everyone else, apart from uploading our documents we have not been able to book an appointment for biometrics due to the restrictions. As we are still waiting, I was assured by the gentleman on the phone that we had done everything that needed to be done and the only thing left to do at the moment was to wait for further notice. He then mentioned that, as the government has extended all visas to 31st July, we could apply for an extension to provide us with extra security at least until the appointment locations re-open.

My wife’s visa expired on 16th May 2020. Her application was submitted within the last 28 days of expiry. We have paid the fees and have uploaded all necessary documents and have continuously been checking for appointment availability. If you ask me, we did everything by the book, the ball is now in their court. Do we really need to apply for an extension at this point? Is there any point? And even if we did apply, would my wife still be eligible even though her visa has expired?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Do we really need to apply for an extension at this point?
No.
Is there any point?

No. You also cannot have two applications submitted at the same time.
And even if we did apply, would my wife still be eligible even though her visa has expired?
Yes. Date considered for a valid in time application is the date of online submission and payment and NOT the biometric appointment date. As she applied before her visa expired, she is protected by Section 3C of the Immigration Rules, which means her previous visa conditions continue until HO has processed her ILR application.

Biometric centres are reopening on 1st June. Members have already reported being able to book appointments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rain_ » Wed May 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Many thanks for all your help CR001, it is always greatly appreciated.

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application - Set M - Photos?

Post by rain_ » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Even though it hasn't been requested, I'm just wondering whether it might be worth uploading some photos of my wife and I together to prove our relationship, would this be worth doing at all?

Also, my understanding is that we must upload all documents at least 48 hours before our biometric appointment. This means we only have till 9am tomorrow to upload anything that is missing. I'm just a bit confused and hope someone can elaborate.. Can documents discovered to be missing during our UKVCAS appointment be uploaded last minute? Basically does it mean we can't upload anymore, but they can if they find it to be necessary?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Even though it hasn't been requested, I'm just wondering whether it might be worth uploading some photos of my wife and I together to prove our relationship, would this be worth doing at all?
No, absolutely NOT required and will be disregarded. HO wants to see documentary evidence for the last 2 years of cohabitation at the same address in both your names and marriage cert, that's it.
Also, my understanding is that we must upload all documents at least 48 hours before our biometric appointment. This means we only have till 9am tomorrow to upload anything that is missing. I'm just a bit confused and hope someone can elaborate.. Can documents discovered to be missing during our UKVCAS appointment be uploaded last minute? Basically does it mean we can't upload anymore, but they can if they find it to be necessary?
Documents can be uploaded anytime before your appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rain_ » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:02 pm
No, absolutely NOT required and will be disregarded. HO wants to see documentary evidence for the last 2 years of cohabitation at the same address in both your names and marriage cert, that's it.
Documents can be uploaded anytime before your appointment.
Thanks CR001, just another quick question:

We are renting and our tenancy agreement contract expired since making our application in April. It expired this month to be exact. Is it worth including a copy of our new tenancy agreement before our appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:55 pm

Not if the tenancy agreement is dated after the date you applied, submitted and paid online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)