ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retain rights of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Waraich1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Retain rights of residence

Post by Waraich1987 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi everyone i am new here. I have few questions about retain rights of residence. I am a non eu family member 4 years married. My wife is eu and got settle status and I applied pre settle status 3 months ago but still waiting. Things are not working between us and we are going to apply divorce. Is that ok if I apply divorce while waiting for pre settle status? Or should i wait for pre settle status? Also if my divorce will take untill 30th dec 2020 after that can i still apply for retain rights of residence ?Please let me know if anyone you know guys thanks a lot

Waraich1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Retain rights of residence

Post by Waraich1987 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:22 am

Waraich1987 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:44 pm
Hi everyone i am new here. I have few questions about retain rights of residence. I am a non eu family member 4 years married. My wife is eu and got settle status and I applied pre settle status 3 months ago but still waiting. Things are not working between us and we are going to apply divorce. Is that ok if I apply divorce while waiting for pre settle status? Or should i wait for pre settle status? Also if my divorce will take untill 30th dec 2020 after that can i still apply for retain rights of residence ?Please let me know if anyone you know guys thanks a lot

Imranali10
BANNED

Post by Imranali10 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:15 pm

Do you any kids in this relationship? If you have kids it will take 2 years to get divorce but if you don’t have kids then it will take 1 year separation before you submit divorce file. Your pre settle status should come in 5 working days and as i know divorce can not effect your status once you have pre settle status.

Imranali10
BANNED

Post by Imranali10 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:23 pm

I can take upto 2 years to get divorce if you have kids in this relationship if no kids then requirement is 1 year separation before you apply for divorce. So the time you get divorce you will be eligible for settle status. Because your divorce can not effect on your pre settle status if you are married +3 years and 1 year together in uk.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Imranali10 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:23 pm
I can take upto 2 years to get divorce if you have kids in this relationship if no kids then requirement is 1 year separation before you apply for divorce. So the time you get divorce you will be eligible for settle status. Because your divorce can not effect on your pre settle status if you are married +3 years and 1 year together in uk.
You keep posting the same blurb in topics.have you bothered to read the moderator response in the last topic you posted this blurb in (last post)?

eea-route-applications/retained-rights- ... l#p1897077
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waraich1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Waraich1987 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:41 pm

Imranali10 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:23 pm
hi I don’t have kids I applied pre settle 4 month ago still waiting and also after divorce do i have to apply retain Rights of residence before I apply settle atatus? Thanks