ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding applying as a parent to live in the UK after separation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Help2315
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Help regarding applying as a parent to live in the UK after separation

Post by Help2315 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:14 pm

Hi All,

I am applying as a parent to live in the UK to care for my children who are British citizens. I have recently separated from my husband. I am a primary caretaker of our children but we don't have any formal custody agreement in place. I have following questions :

1.Do I need to inform home office about the separation? If so, when should this be done before applying for the visa or after?
2. What would be the financial requirements in my case? I read online that minimum income requirement does not apply if you are applying as a parent? Is that right? I am stay at home mother and I would like to sort the finances beforehand?

Your help regarding above would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Help regarding applying as a parent to live in the UK after separation

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 04, 2020 11:17 am

I'm not sure of the precise procedure for the application and I will leave it to others to advise, but what I understood of the very convoluted Immigration Rules on this topic, you will need to meet the financial requirements, accommodation and English language requirements in order to stay on the 5 year path to ILR, which will reset to zero if this application is successful.

If you do not meet any of the requirements, such as the financial requirements, you will still likely get further leave to remain, but it will place you on the 10 year route to ILR, which can include all the time that you have resided continuously in the UK.

The financial requirements are merely that you can demonstrate adequate maintenance. See part 3 of the guidance on calculating maintenance.

You will need to inform the Home Office of the separation, as without that, you are not eligible to apply as the parent of a British citizen (i.e. if you are living with a British citizen partner, you must apply on the partner route, not the parent route).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Help2315
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Help2315 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:37 pm

Thank you so much for you reply. How long does it take to get a decion on the application after its submitted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:50 pm

Can you please keep all your questions in this topic and refrain from posting about FLR fp application in the EEA zambrano topic. It is unfair to members who are offering advice for free for you to post duplicate questions in different sub forums and topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.