ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa / Awaiting Decision During Covid - 19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EKutu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa / Awaiting Decision During Covid - 19

Post by EKutu » Mon May 04, 2020 10:47 am

Hi all,

Hoping all is well and safe, I am seeking answers for some questions in regards to our spouse visa we applied for.

My husband is in Turkey and we applied for the visa on 27th March 2020, handed in biometrics etc on 6th March 2020, just before the pandemic/lockdown. We were expecting to hear back from them in 8-12 weeks however our solicitor informed us that the immigration is totally closed now which meant that the timeline is now unforeseeable and we simply have to wait not knowing for how long. I know there are people currently in harder situations however, we are starting to find it quite difficult waiting with no inclination towards an end point.

Is the immigration office closed as we were informed? Is anyone hearing back from their applications? Our application is appearing to be at 'decision making stage,' is there a chance we may get a decision soon?

I have been tracking twitter and gov website announcements for Turkey and can see some scheduled flights. Does anyone know anything in regards to travel during Covid - 19? Do we need a letter or proof of having to travel to UK?

Thank you all for your time and guidance in advance!

Ellie x

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse Visa / Awaiting Decision During Covid - 19

Post by geoeng » Mon May 04, 2020 11:58 am

EKutu wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:47 am
Is the immigration office closed as we were informed? Is anyone hearing back from their applications? Our application is appearing to be at 'decision making stage,' is there a chance we may get a decision soon?
This question presents a rather oversimplified version of the immigration process; there is not just one "immigration office" involved in the process. Based on timeline threads on this forum, it would seem the Home Office is processing some applications, though this largely appears to be applications made in the UK. My understanding is all of the overseas application centres are currently closed and this on its own would mean that visas likely cannot be processed even if all information had been submitted already. Getting applications moving again will depend both on how any restrictions are lifted both in the UK and in the country applied from. Is there a chance you'll get a decision soon? Maybe, I don't think anyone could provide a definite answer on that but it seems unlikely in the current situation.
EKutu wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:47 am
I have been tracking twitter and gov website announcements for Turkey and can see some scheduled flights. Does anyone know anything in regards to travel during Covid - 19? Do we need a letter or proof of having to travel to UK?
I am not aware of any current restrictions on travel to the UK (I could be wrong but I don't think the UK adopted the EU restrictions and family members of UK/EU citizens would be exempt anyway). At the moment, nothing additional is required to enter the UK that I know of, but this of course is subject to change at any time. Any travel should follow the advice of the local health authority.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

EKutu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa / Awaiting Decision During Covid - 19

Post by EKutu » Mon May 04, 2020 12:10 pm

geoeng wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:58 am
This question presents a rather oversimplified version of the immigration process; there is not just one "immigration office" involved in the process. Based on timeline threads on this forum, it would seem the Home Office is processing some applications, though this largely appears to be applications made in the UK. My understanding is all of the overseas application centres are currently closed and this on its own would mean that visas likely cannot be processed even if all information had been submitted already. Getting applications moving again will depend both on how any restrictions are lifted both in the UK and in the country applied from. Is there a chance you'll get a decision soon? Maybe, I don't think anyone could provide a definite answer on that but it seems unlikely in the current situation.

I am not aware of any current restrictions on travel to the UK (I could be wrong but I don't think the UK adopted the EU restrictions and family members of UK/EU citizens would be exempt anyway). At the moment, nothing additional is required to enter the UK that I know of, but this of course is subject to change at any time. Any travel should follow the advice of the local health authority.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and offering much more guidance than my solicitor did. This makes sense which somewhat helps the situation. Its harder to cope when things are quite vague but you've been very helpful thank you :)

Fingers crossed that not long left now!