ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport- Application on hold

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baljeetsingh8
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

First British Passport- Application on hold

Post by baljeetsingh8 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi,
I applied for first adult British passport during March. Today HM Twitter feed informed me that my application will require an interview. Due to COVID 19 interview are not being held. So my application is put on hold until lockdown is removed. Is anyone are same situation? I thought interview are very rare these days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First British Passport- Application on hold

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:19 pm

HMPO website clearly states there are delays and that only passports for essential travel should be applied for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baljeetsingh8
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by baljeetsingh8 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:27 pm

Thanks, so. Why are they saying you will require an interview if there are delays and I will receive a letter once lockdown is lifted.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm

baljeetsingh8 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:18 pm
HM Twitter feed
Her Majesty's Twitter feed?

Can you link to the specific tweet so that we can advise you better?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

baljeetsingh8
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by baljeetsingh8 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:40 pm

Here it is-
your application will require you to attend an interview. To ensure social distancing measures can be applied in our offices we are not currently holding passport interviews. Your application will therefore be put on hold. We will be in touch to arrange your interview when this services resumes.
You will be required to attend an interview once the government deem it safe for lockdown to be removed. However for now your application will be put on hold until that service resumes.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 05, 2020 6:42 pm

baljeetsingh8 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:40 pm
Here it is-
your application will require you to attend an interview. To ensure social distancing measures can be applied in our offices we are not currently holding passport interviews. Your application will therefore be put on hold. We will be in touch to arrange your interview when this services resumes.
You will be required to attend an interview once the government deem it safe for lockdown to be removed. However for now your application will be put on hold until that service resumes.
Could you provide a link to it? If it is on Twitter, it would be public anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

baljeetsingh8
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by baljeetsingh8 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:43 pm

No it’s not Twitter, it’s on personal feed.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:12 pm

It seems this is a specific message to you - there is nothing you can do about this situation if the Passport Office insists on an identity interview with you, to be held after restrictions have been lifted. You are certainly free to contact the HMPO helpline if you wish to follow up at this stage.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jewelbritain
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jewelbritain » Mon May 11, 2020 1:32 pm

I also applied for Passport on 06th of March 2020. Still no accurate news from HMPO. Today I received reply from HMPO twitter account and informed they hold my application and waiting for situation to be normal They will call me for an interview. Called them after getting the twitter feed and call centre assistant replied me you application currently waiting to be checked.

Don’t understand which one true!

chitarth
Newly Registered
India

Post by chitarth » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:33 am

baljeetsingh8 wrote:
Here it is-
Hi baljeetsingh8, just wanted to know that have you received your passport yet or still waiting for the interview.

As I am also in a similar situation, HMPO needs to interview me.

Please share your further experience.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:16 am

chitarth wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:33 am
baljeetsingh8 wrote:
Here it is-
Hi baljeetsingh8, just wanted to know that have you received your passport yet or still waiting for the interview.

As I am also in a similar situation, HMPO needs to interview me.

Please share your further experience.

Cheers
baljeetsingh8 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:50 pm
Type: First passport after naturalisation
Method: online

Date of Online Application: 16/03/2020
Date Identity Verified: 16/03/2020
Date Documents Sent: 17/03/2020
Documents delivered to: HMPO Liverpool
Date Documents Received: 20/03/2020
Application being processed: 20/03/2020
Application Approved: 18/05/2020
Passport Printed and Sent: 19/05/2020
Date Passport Received: 20/05/2020
Passport Colour: Burgundy
Date of Return of Documents: 20/05/2020
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.