ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where have you lived together question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brightside79
Newly Registered
Egypt

Where have you lived together question

Post by brightside79 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:37 am

I have been granted ILR via the 10 years Long residency route and now am switching for my wife who has been on a Tier 2 dependent for 4 years to the Family of a settled person visa.
There is a question which says:
Where have you lived together
You can only state one address. My question is do I put the first address we lived together in or the final address (we have lived together in 4 different addresses however there is only a box to put one address).
This question comes after the question which asks when did you start living together?
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Where have you lived together question

Post by seagul » Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 am

brightside79 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:37 am
I have been granted ILR via the 10 years Long residency route and now am switching for my wife who has been on a Tier 2 dependent for 4 years to the Family of a settled person visa.
There is a question which says:
1. Where have you lived together
You can only state one address. My question is do I put the first address we lived together in or the final address (we have lived together in 4 different addresses however there is only a box to put one address).
This question comes after the question which asks 2. when did you start living together?
Thank you
1. Give the recent address and if there is no additional spaces/boxes then add a covering letter.

2. It is a simple self explanatory question.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brightside79
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by brightside79 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:08 am

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I know the 2nd question is a self explanatory question. The reason I have included it is because if this is the question "when did you start" that follows "where did you live together", then possibly the question "where" refers to the first place we started living together not the most recent. I will add a covering letter, but I have posted this here hoping that someone has filled this specific application.
I am not looking for a general response thanks.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu May 07, 2020 9:45 am

brightside79 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:08 am
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I know the 2nd question is a self explanatory question. The reason I have included it is because if this is the question "when did you start" that follows "where did you live together", then possibly the question "where" refers to the first place we started living together not the most recent. I will add a covering letter, but I have posted this here hoping that someone has filled this specific application.
I am not looking for a general response thanks.
The "where have you lived together" question is rather poorly worded in terms of its intent. Later in the application form it will ask you if you have "lived anywhere other than your current address during the past 2 years that you have not already entered on this application" and then to give details including how long you lived there and whether you lived there with your partner. It will also ask if your partner has lived anywhere else not already mentioned in the last 2 years. So there should be lots of space to enter various previous addresses on the form itself. So, I believe the first "where did you live together" questions is intended to refer to your current address if you are living together.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

brightside79
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by brightside79 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:39 pm

Thank you so much :)