ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citzen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citzen

Post by powershower » Sun May 10, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi,

My partner was given ILR on 09-01-2018 . She was refused Asylum in 2003 and then first legal stay was given as DLR on 1 July 2010 which she continued to carry until ILR was granted.

I understand that due to good character requirement she is not allowed to apply before completing 10 Years legal stay.

Question :

Her 10 Year legal stay will be completing on 30th June 2020 . Can she submit 28 days early application i.e 5 June 2020?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citzen

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:28 pm

There is no "apply 28 days early concession" for citizenship.

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British Citzen

Post by powershower » Sun May 24, 2020 7:38 am

Another question adding to trail.

My partner don't have any foreign passport . Since arrival in 2003 she is remained in UK .

Will she require one for Naturalization application or for first British passport application?

Regards.