ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AzimScot

Bank Statements

Post by AzimScot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:32 am

I know you need the latest bank statement when applying for a settlement visa. Can you get an online copy and get it certified by the lawyer if its not available yet?

Thanks.

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:30 am

If you have an online accunt, then you can print out a statement and get it stamped by your bank. There is no need to get a solicitor to do it, plus the bank will do it for free.

Of course this depends on who you have the online account with. Lloyds, Halifax, HSBC etc all have branches you can walk into; Northern Rock, Egg, First Direct etc don't have any walk-in branches and you would not be able to get printouts stamped. I guess in this case you would need to call them and request a statement to be sent out.
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

susy1

Post by susy1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Sammie wrote:If you have an online accunt, then you can print out a statement and get it stamped by your bank. There is no need to get a solicitor to do it, plus the bank will do it for free.

Of course this depends on who you have the online account with. Lloyds, Halifax, HSBC etc all have branches you can walk into; Northern Rock, Egg, First Direct etc don't have any walk-in branches and you would not be able to get printouts stamped. I guess in this case you would need to call them and request a statement to be sent out.
re online accounts, Barclays were not able to stamp my online statement print outs as they said they were not obliged to do so as they did not know me in person. they advised me to get them certified by someone professional such as a doctor but too were not able to do it. i guess the next one will be an employer who will be able to certify it.

if u have time, best thing would be to request copies of the originals from the bank.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:23 pm

susy1 wrote:
Sammie wrote:If you have an online accunt, then you can print out a statement and get it stamped by your bank. There is no need to get a solicitor to do it, plus the bank will do it for free.

re online accounts, Barclays were not able to stamp my online statement print outs as they said they were not obliged to do so as they did not know me in person. they advised me to get them certified by someone professional such as a doctor but too were not able to do it. i guess the next one will be an employer who will be able to certify it.

if u have time, best thing would be to request copies of the originals from the bank.
bizarre!

A banks statement can and should be authorized by the bank where you have account, no other organisatin or person is eligible to authenticate statements.

If I need bank statement, I will go to nearest branch, show my identity card, they will print statement based on my account no., I will also ask them to seal/stamp because they have printed from my account.

Sammie,

Why don't you ring your bank and ask them to post the duplicate statements. Statements send by post should be accepted for immigration purpose.

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:39 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Sammie,

Why don't you ring your bank and ask them to post the duplicate statements. Statements send by post should be accepted for immigration purpose.
It's not me that needs the bank statements, it's AzimScot.

I've already been through the spousal visa application process (for my husband) and thankfully, we came out the other end relatively unscathed. :lol:
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:23 pm

yeah its just at the time when the bank statement were produced i didn't have much money because i was unemployed for 2 months but now working and I have allot more money in the bank. I just want show the ECO i have enough funds not pennies basically.