ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension or ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamer2

Extension or ILR

Post by dreamer2 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 am

Hi,
I need your advise. Here my immigration history:
-June 2016- First Spouse visa on 5 years route
-11th March 2019- Extension on 5 years was switched to 10 years by UKVI as I didn't show correctly financial
documents( BRP was expired on 25th March)
- 25th March New application for 5 years route was accepted.
Can I try to apply for ILR in June 2021 as by that time I will have 2 x 2.5 years on 5 year route?
There is a gap 14 days between the decision was made on my first extension but I re-applied within 14 days and within expiry of my first BRP on 5 year route

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Extension or ILR

Post by seagul » Mon May 11, 2020 5:37 am

dreamer2 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 am
Hi,
I need your advise. Here my immigration history:
-June 2016- First Spouse visa on 5 years route
-11th March 2019- Extension on 5 years was switched to 10 years by UKVI as I didn't show correctly financial
documents( BRP was expired on 25th March)
- 25th March New application for 5 years route was accepted.
Can I try to apply for ILR in June 2021 as by that time I will have 2 x 2.5 years on 5 year route?
There is a gap 14 days between the decision was made on my first extension but I re-applied within 14 days and within expiry of my first BRP on 5 year route
No you can't apply ILR in June 2021 because you were transferred into 10 years of route with a new ILR clock. You shouldn't have accepted that decision if you were 100% sure of have fulfilled the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dreamer2

Re: Extension or ILR

Post by dreamer2 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:01 pm

Thank you for your replay. Yes, on 11th March they put me on 10 years route but 25th March I reapplied and got 5 years route again. I know that my situation is very unusual. I entered the country on 28th June 2016. By 28th June 2021 I will have 2 x 2.5 years on 5 years route excluding 2 weeks ( 11th March -25th March) . this is when they put me on 10 years and then I applied for 5 years back.
Unfortunately, I was caught with the the changes in premium appointments and my financial documents were dated 6 moths by biometric date not application. Though two weeks later after application when I had biometric the money was still in the bank they didn't let me to do anything ((( . I know that they got a right decision and followed the rules but I was in cash category and kept the money for my visa from the first day we entered in UK ((. Moreover, as they granted me visa I had no right for appeal or something else. I think in that situation I would be in a better position if they rejected my application.