ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Entry Clearance and Covid-19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imran1u

First Entry Clearance and Covid-19

Post by imran1u » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:22 pm

I am trying to find answer on home office website , but was unable to find it.

If i can have advice on the following please.

My wife entry clearance visa id valid from 5 may 2020 to 4 june 2020. but currently there are no flights from the country is due to Covid 19 , all the international flights are cancelled for the time being.
There is no mention on home office website , if spouses are unable to travel on mention entry clearance visa time period.

What will be process , will the current entry clearance visa will be valid or extended for travel.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: First Entry Clearance and Covid-19

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:37 pm

imran1u wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:22 pm
I am trying to find answer on home office website , but was unable to find it.

If i can have advice on the following please.

My wife entry clearance visa id valid from 5 may 2020 to 4 june 2020. but currently there are no flights from the country is due to Covid 19 , all the international flights are cancelled for the time being.
There is no mention on home office website , if spouses are unable to travel on mention entry clearance visa time period.

What will be process , will the current entry clearance visa will be valid or extended for travel.
At the moment there is no relaxation being offered by visa authorities where someone can enter the UK with expired entry clearance because UK's borders and airport are in full operations. You probably will have to extend the dates on visa vigennettes but better to keep on planning your travel via alternative airlines/airports as you still have sufficient time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun May 10, 2020 4:54 am

Thanks seagul

Got the flight ticket , now hopes everything goes according to time , no cancellation or anything.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 pm

imran1u wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:54 am
Thanks seagul

Got the flight ticket , now hopes everything goes according to time , no cancellation or anything.
You might face a new obstacle of living in quarantine for 14 days if couldn't able to travel before the end of this month when it is expected to be enacted.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... s-52594023
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sun May 10, 2020 3:52 pm

Best of luck! If it comes to it, and you need to apply for a new vignette, you can do so: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... on-queries

It is free until end of 2020.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun May 10, 2020 8:34 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 pm
imran1u wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:54 am
Thanks seagul

You might face a new obstacle of living in quarantine for 14 days if couldn't able to travel before the end of this month when it is expected to be enacted.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... s-52594023

Yes i have seen this ,she is flying in middle of this month.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun May 10, 2020 8:37 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:52 pm
Best of luck! If it comes to it, and you need to apply for a new vignette, you can do so: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... on-queries

Yea seen this , mostly for people in uk

My main question was for people who been issued First Entry Clearance Visa , but unable to make journey because of flight cancellation or hold on flights.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:21 pm

imran1u wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:37 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

My main question was for people who been issued First Entry Clearance Visa , but unable to make journey because of flight cancellation or hold on flights.
Did you actually read the whole link with information or did you just read the first bit and assume it didn't apply to you??

Did you miss this towards the bottom of the page link??
If your 30 day visa to work, study or join family has expired
If your 30 day visa to travel to the UK for work, study or to join family has expired, or is about to expire, you can request a replacement visa with revised validity dates free of charge until the end of this year.

To make a request, contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre. You’ll need to include your name, nationality, date of birth and your GWF reference number with ‘REPLACEMENT 30 DAY VISA’ in the subject line. If you’ve already contacted us about this, please let us know in your email.

You’ll be contacted when our VACs reopen to arrange for a replacement visa to be endorsed in your passport.

You will not be penalised for being unable collect your BRP while coronavirus measures are in place.

This process will be in place until the end of 2020.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sun May 10, 2020 10:12 pm

imran1u wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

This applies to your situation! Please read the link.

It states at the bottom if you have not been able to travel at all because of the ongoing situation you can simply apply for a new vignette until the end of the year, free of charge.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Mon May 11, 2020 4:16 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:12 pm
imran1u wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

This applies to your situation! Please read the link.

It states at the bottom if you have not been able to travel at all because of the ongoing situation you can simply apply for a new vignette until the end of the year, free of charge.
Thanks i checked it.

idaz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by idaz » Mon May 11, 2020 10:00 am

Hi Imran,

Can I ask you please..was this for a first time spouse visa?
when did you make your application/biometric and did you pay priority?

Mabrook for getting positive news :)

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Mon May 11, 2020 11:57 am

idaz wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:00 am
Hi Imran,

Can I ask you please..was this for a first time spouse visa?
when did you make your application/biometric and did you pay priority?

Mabrook for getting positive news :)
I applied for my wife from Pakistan as NON Priority spouse settlement .

Seems i got very lucky it happened in just 28 days from the date of submission of application, Following are the date.

26/01/2020 Application submitted Online
01/02/2020 VFS document uploaded online by myself
10/02/2020 Passport and finger print submitted ( Islamabad )
09/03/2020 SMS collection of Passport
11/03/2020 Entry clearance granted ( Visa granted )

idaz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by idaz » Mon May 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Wow. ma shaa Allah, you managed to escape all the Corona thing
In shaa Allah, your wife arrives here safely :)

It's so hard to live in the unknown. Please keep me in your duas

aimraheel90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aimraheel90 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:43 am

I need a little help here please.. I live in UAE & I received my spouse visa in March and couldn't travel due to COVID-19 restrictions .. Now I want to apply for revised vignette dates , I have emailed CIH with all the requirements but no response .. I called them & submitted my details yet no response .. on the VFS website there it says that you can apply by logging back in & taking an appointment .. but it is not being logged back in since I applied in Nov and visa got issued in March .. Someone please help me as to how can I take an appointment for submitting my passoport to VFS ..There is no contact number available for VFS too & due to COVID-19 restrictions the walk in services have been temporarily curtailed .. please help me , thanks!