ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SIX WEEKS TILL OVERSTAYER CONCESSION ENDS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

William Blake
Member of Standing

SIX WEEKS TILL OVERSTAYER CONCESSION ENDS

Post by William Blake » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Hernancortes wrote:DO NOT fall for this scheme until you have sought LEGAL ADVICE, and have heard of experinces from people returning under the scheme.
Bush tried similar proposals in a sponsored immigration bill in capitol hill. The only difference was the undocumented migrant, having returned to his country of origin, was supposed to pay a fine in order to return to the US.

Byrne must think we are simpletons.
Any experiences then? Can anyone who has overstayed and been readmitted under the concession please write their experience. Or if you know of someone's experience please share.
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:58 pm

I've had one back (Jamaica) and 2 pending. Will keep you informed, but there have been success stories here. Look around.
Oh, the drama...!

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:07 pm

jei2 wrote:I've had one back (Jamaica) and 2 pending. Will keep you informed, but there have been success stories here. Look around.
The ones I have seen are all fiance / spouse visas who would have been exempt from a ban anyway. Are the ones from Jamaica you are talking about other than these - like work permit or students?
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:18 pm

WB,

You're right. Most other groups are still too scared to go. I've had one spouse back, 2 gone and waiting, and 2 students preparing to leave next month.

Right now the rules appear to be split between exemptions, concessions and bans.

Even though the concession applies to all groups who meet the deadline and beat the s/c clause, its only the valiant few who are leaving I'm afraid.

Will keep you posted on the students.
Oh, the drama...!

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:15 pm

i have a question. When star the ban? i mean the moment you left the uk or the moment you apply and they ban you for a year?
i left in february i dont gonna applied until next year for my settlrment visa. I already past the year ban. But how they knows that i been here since february.

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:07 am

Pardon me asking but you do sound very knowledgeable in the field of immigration.

Are you an immigration advisor or solicitor by any chance?

Regards,

Twin.
jei2 wrote:WB,

You're right. Most other groups are still too scared to go. I've had one spouse back, 2 gone and waiting, and 2 students preparing to leave next month.

Right now the rules appear to be split between exemptions, concessions and bans.

Even though the concession applies to all groups who meet the deadline and beat the s/c clause, its only the valiant few who are leaving I'm afraid.

Will keep you posted on the students.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:13 pm

carlabeach wrote:i have a question. When star the ban? i mean the moment you left the uk or the moment you apply and they ban you for a year?
When you leave the UK

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:29 am

in february before new rules

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 am

Mr Rusty wrote:
carlabeach wrote:i have a question. When star the ban? i mean the moment you left the uk or the moment you apply and they ban you for a year?
When you leave the UK
That was the answer, not a question :!:

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:03 pm

jei2 wrote:I've had one back (Jamaica) and 2 pending. Will keep you informed, but there have been success stories here. Look around.
Hi All, My partner and I are leaving he is an overstayer from Jamaica! and we are booked and ready to go.

Yes we are very scared most of all me but, I do think that we have a good chance and we hope that this Grace Period will work in our favour! God knows our fate and I hope and pray that we are not kepted a part long for the sack of our child.

we have paid for a flights and I have docs of this that will be included in the Appilction however, could I ask I could only by a return flight for my partner as that was the cheapset option? do you think that I should include a letter explaining to the ECO that I had some problems getting, a one way tickect as they might question this???? help thanks all......

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:17 pm

sally12345 wrote:we have paid for a flights and I have docs of this that will be included in the Appilction however, could I ask I could only by a return flight for my partner as that was the cheapset option? do you think that I should include a letter explaining to the ECO that I had some problems getting, a one way tickect as they might question this???? help thanks all......
I believe that there are no requirements for you to purchase tickets before the visa is issued.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:35 pm

vinny wrote:
sally12345 wrote:we have paid for a flights and I have docs of this that will be included in the Appilction however, could I ask I could only by a return flight for my partner as that was the cheapset option? do you think that I should include a letter explaining to the ECO that I had some problems getting, a one way tickect as they might question this???? help thanks all......
I believe that there are no requirements for you to purchase tickets before the visa is issued.

Hiya thanks for getting back to me!

sorry I meant that I had no choice but to buy a return ticket although he would not be returning as yet! as one way tickets were very pricey.... I will not buy him a return ticket untill as you say the visa is issued!
I justed wanted to know if this would be an issue with the ECO???

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:32 am

Hi I was wondering if you could post your contact details? if not could you Pm me as I would like to discuss my case with you..

I think that you are a lawyer although you have not said I would loveto hear from you

Thanks

sally12345

my husbund!!!

Post by sally12345 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi All, My husbund is now home.... yes he overstayed in the Uk and now he is back and it took a matter of weeks all my worrying for nothing im so happy lol :lol: