ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Makicaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Makicaaa » Tue May 12, 2020 12:15 am

traveller9765 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:27 pm
Makicaks wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:52 am
I've got my pre-settled today.

So my timeline was:
Application submitted: 16th of January
Biometrics: 20th of January (paid 60 pounds to do it asap)
COA: 28th of February - I called them 3 times and sent an email because it has been more than a month since I submitted biometrics and I did not even have COA. Eventually, they sent it.
Decision: 11th of May- Sent several emails and called 2 times in March and April. The last email was about the expired visa last week and then they called me to make sure that I understand that if I have COA, I am fine. They told me that they are processing applications during the pandemic but under slightly reduced working times.

So it was four months for me. Overall, I am quite happy that it didn't take longer because I know that it took approx. 3-4months even before the virus. I applied with EEA Family Permit as a durable partner, no BRP.

Thank you for all of your support, really. I just wanted to share this info, to help you manage your expectations. I know how stressful it is to be waiting.

And good luck!

M.
Congrats and you can finally relax until 5 years time. I submitted my biometrics 10 days after yours so hoping for a decision soon. Can I ask what supporting documents you supplied for your application if any.

Thanks
Apparently, a lot of people applied at that time. Probably because of Brexit. My understanding is that they have a backlog and according to what I have seen/heard from others was mostly that it is 35-45 days to receive COA and after COA around 2-3 months. I hope yours will come soon.

I came as a durable partner, but married in the meantime. We met every month and travelled a lot, so I submitted plenty of photos from different places, WhatsApp screenshots and call record, statements, his id, his payslips and a certificate. We never lived together or had bank accounts (wanted but not easy when you have different residence). We were very honest and addressed all potential concerns.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ugosonic » Tue May 12, 2020 7:34 am

jbeansss wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:27 am
Ugosonic wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:23 pm
jbeansss wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:43 pm
Hey guys,

I have submitted my EU settlement application last week and have a few questions so really appreciate your replies if you have any idea.

My boyfriend is an EU national, he has been in the UK for around 7 years, and left the country for 1 year in between. When he first applied the scheme he was asked to provide more info on continuous residency/proof of residency in the missing period of time (the 1 year). He submitted a continuous 5 years work proof from his employer around early April in response to the caseworker's email.

While for me, I have been in the UK for more than 5 years, it is me and my boyfriend 5th year together as a couple while we only live together for over 2 years. So I submitted my application with:
-our tenant contracts
-our bank statement to us with same address, council tax bill with joint name and 2 more official letter to us with same address
- we don't have a joint account so to show share finance I submitted our money transfer for rent & bills and large grocery purchase for the house
- photos from the past 5 years with different life events & flight ticket from our recent trip

My question is:
1. If the application go through, how likely they will grant me a settled status as I have been in the UK for the past 5 years? Are they counting the 'unmarried partner' only if we have been living together for 5 years?

2.I have submitted my application end of April and obviously the UKCAS office for biometrics appointment is not opened as stated on the website, I have write above and other page they are taking phone calls and reopen the office, any idea if they will take new appointment or just for inquiry to existing appointments?

Thanks a million, for your time to read through even if you are not sure the answers and appreciate a lot if you can share some insights. x

Before I could answer your question, I have to get something clear. While you were living in uk with him, what exactly did you submit to show that you qualify for eu settlement scheme? Was it a passport or a resident card? And if it was a resident card, was it issued to you in his name?

Thank you for your reply!
I submitted my resident card, however not issued to me in my boyfriend's name but my Tier 5 youth visa.
I just read through more info and realised I might need a EEA Residence Card first... that will be a disappointment but I guess still DO-able ..

Throughout the application there were no mention of this, I now submitted the application and they already asked me to book biometrics - so I am guessing they just let people to apply anyway and they will refuse the application?

Please let me know.
Your boyfriend is an eu national, that's good. Since u dont have a residence card, they might call you requesting for more evidence but to me the evidence you submitted are good. At least u guys hv been living together with evidence showing that. Wait for COA , if u receive that, den u know that u dont have a problem at all. Your application might tk longer dan normal

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Tue May 12, 2020 10:18 am

Makicaaa wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:06 am
BGB wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 pm
lifeinpain101 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:11 pm
Congratulations!!
If I may ask, what did you bring with you to your biometrics appointment and did you book it through UKVCAS? And did you go to a core or enhanced service point?
Hello

For the biometrics, you need to book through the UKVCAS website and it does not matter if it is core or enhanced. Just book the most convenient for you in terms of date, location and price (some can be free, you just have to search carefully but it might be a later appointment than paid appointments that can be for the next day).
You just need to bring your passport, the receipt for the appointment and they will take your picture, your fingerprints and your signature. That is it.
Thank you for replying you’re helping me so much. Another question where do I get the biometric receipt from? Will it come by post or email? Cos I have an email saying I should book my biometric appointment which of course I can’t do it right now, and other than my passport I don’t need to bring other documents right? Because my UKVCAS has a section that says upload documents, so do I bring those same documents to the appointment?
I know what you mean, upload the same documents you did uploaded before. You don't bring documents with you, just passport, brp if you have and confirmation of appointment. You cannot book now I guess (because of covid19), but when they reopen you book through ukvcas. Hope it helps.
[/quote]

So the same documents I upload on my EU application I should upload them on my UKVCAS account? Thanks one again.

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Tue May 12, 2020 10:19 am

lifeinpain101 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:17 pm
BGB wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 pm
lifeinpain101 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:11 pm
Congratulations!!
If I may ask, what did you bring with you to your biometrics appointment and did you book it through UKVCAS? And did you go to a core or enhanced service point?
Hello

For the biometrics, you need to book through the UKVCAS website and it does not matter if it is core or enhanced. Just book the most convenient for you in terms of date, location and price (some can be free, you just have to search carefully but it might be a later appointment than paid appointments that can be for the next day).
You just need to bring your passport, the receipt for the appointment and they will take your picture, your fingerprints and your signature. That is it.
Thank you for replying you’re helping me so much. Another question where do I get the biometric receipt from? Will it come by post or email? Cos I have an email saying I should book my biometric appointment which of course I can’t do it right now, and other than my passport I don’t need to bring other documents right? Because my UKVCAS has a section that says upload documents, so do I bring those same documents to the appointment?
hello
Then, you will need to wait until the UKVCAS centres resume their work to book an appointment. Once you book the appointment (and pay if there is a fee) you will receive an email to confirm your appointment that you will have to print and take with you. You will only need the passport for the appointment. They will scan it and upload it directly in your UKVCAS section. Therefore, nothing to upload from your part.

Hope it helps
[/quote]

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate.

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Tue May 12, 2020 10:27 am

As I’m applying through my sister, can I show letters of us both living at the same address from a bill such as, water, electric, or gas bill as proof of dependency, as I read somewhere as long as you can show that you are living in the same house that should be sufficient. We have lived in the same household since I was 3 years old, we have the same dad and his name is on both of our birth certificates & his home office certificate when he first came to the UK has names of all his children’s name on it, and other documents such a child benefit letters, tenancy letters from the council and more.
Thank you in advance to anyone that replies and good luck to everyone.

Misfits
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Misfits » Tue May 12, 2020 11:57 am

Hi BGN,

Maybe you could show bank transfers , she sending you money monthly along with all other evidence you have such as bill payments and so on .

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Tue May 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Misfits wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:57 am
Hi BGN,

Maybe you could show bank transfers , she sending you money monthly along with all other evidence you have such as bill payments and so on .
She doesn’t send me money monthly, but I spoke to someone from EU resolution centre and he said that as long as we can prove our relationship and that we live in the same house it should be fine, but thank you for replying.

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Tue May 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi everyone,
I called the EU settlement resolution and they informed because my sister has DUAL nationality I am still eligible to apply, but I can’t do it online I have to do a paper application and send it through the post instead. He said that he will send me the application by post and it should arrive in 10 working days, and once I post it and they receive my application they will post my biometric letter and I’d have to go to a post office that do the biometrics to give my fingers prints and ID. He also said because they don’t have a lot of paper applications at the moment and because some post offices are still open I might not have to wait as long because I don’t have to wait for biometric service points to re-open so I guess that is good news.

xoxoxo4325
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by xoxoxo4325 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:59 pm

I received my pre-settle status today.
My timeline:
Application submitted: 20th of January,2020
Biometrics: 27th of January
COA: 10th of March
Decision: 11th of May

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 pm

xoxoxo4325 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:59 pm
My timeline:
Wow congrats
You're time line is almost exactly as mine except that I received COA 20th of April.
Hopefully I'll get good news soon as well.
Can't wait

lifeinpain101
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by lifeinpain101 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:31 pm

xoxoxo4325 wrote:
My timeline:
Congratulations !
Thank you for sharing with us

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Tue May 12, 2020 5:45 pm

eke123 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 pm
xoxoxo4325 wrote:
My timeline:
Wow congrats
You're time line is almost exactly as mine except that I received COA 20th of April.
Can't wait
I got my COA on the 27th of April. I’m assuming you should get your decision before me.

I check my mail every few mins.Lol. I hope it’s good news this time. Emotion will be happiness and tears if it’s good news. Lol. Good luck to everyone waiting!!

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:57 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:45 pm
eke123 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 pm
xoxoxo4325 wrote:
My timeline:
Wow congrats
Can't wait
I got my COA on the 27th of April. I’m assuming you should get your decision before me.

I check my mail every few mins.Lol. I hope it’s good news this time. Emotion will be happiness and tears if it’s good news. Lol. Good luck to everyone waiting!!
Hopefully
I check my email regularly as well
Best of luck to everyone

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:12 am

jbeansss wrote:

Hey guys,

I have submitted my EU settlement application last week and have a few questions so really appreciate your replies if you have any idea.

My boyfriend is an EU national, he has been in the UK for around 7 years, and left the country for 1 year in between. When he first applied the scheme he was asked to provide more info on continuous residency/proof of residency in the missing period of time (the 1 year). He submitted a continuous 5 years work proof from his employer around early April in response to the caseworker's email.

While for me, I have been in the UK for more than 5 years, it is me and my boyfriend 5th year together as a couple while we only live together for over 2 years. So I submitted my application with:
-our tenant contracts
-our bank statement to us with same address, council tax bill with joint name and 2 more official letter to us with same address
- we don't have a joint account so to show share finance I submitted our money transfer for rent & bills and large grocery purchase for the house
- photos from the past 5 years with different life events & flight ticket from our recent trip

My question is:
1. If the application go through, how likely they will grant me a settled status as I have been in the UK for the past 5 years? Are they counting the 'unmarried partner' only if we have been living together for 5 years?

2.I have submitted my application end of April and obviously the UKCAS office for biometrics appointment is not opened as stated on the website, I have write above and other page they are taking phone calls and reopen the office, any idea if they will take new appointment or just for inquiry to existing appointments?

Thanks a million, for your time to read through even if you are not sure the answers and appreciate a lot if you can share some insights. x

You can not apply EU SETTLEMENT directly without EEA FAMILY PERMIT or EEA RESIDENCE CARD. you should have applied first EEA FM under EEA FREEMOVEMENT LAW . it can take 6 months and when it's approved then you can apply EU SETTLEMENT .. for unmarried no RESIDENCE CARD = NO RIGHT under EEA Law

here is the link. please apply before it's too late. this route will be closed on december 2020.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -03-19.pdf
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 01.06.43.png
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 01.06.43.png (167.45 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

lee123123123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lee123123123 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:43 pm

My timeline:
COA: 16th of March
Decision: 13th of May

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Wed May 13, 2020 1:33 pm

lee123123123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:43 pm
My timeline:
Congratulations!!! I tap into your blessings.

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:47 pm

lee123123123 wrote:
My timeline:
Congratulations i wish it was me 🤣😂😂

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:31 pm

lee123123123 wrote:
My timeline:
Congrats

lee123123123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lee123123123 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:42 pm

lee123123123 wrote:
My timeline:
I asked the MP of my Borough to follow up my case and he made an enquiry to the Home Office last week. Maybe it helps my case to get the result.

Misfits
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Misfits » Wed May 13, 2020 2:50 pm

lee123123123 wrote:
My timeline:

Congratulations 🥳, I pray all those who are waiting including myself hear good news soon too 🤞

Misfits
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Misfits » Wed May 13, 2020 2:53 pm

lee123123123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:42 pm
lee123123123 wrote:
My timeline:
I asked the MP of my Borough to follow up my case and he made an enquiry to the Home Office last week. Maybe it helps my case to get the result.
Yes some MP enquire does help, because I wrote to them in March regarding my case and EU Scheme contacted me 1 week after also requesting more information.

hbond17
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by hbond17 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:10 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:12 am
jbeansss wrote:

Hey guys,

-our tenant contracts

My question is:

You can not apply EU SETTLEMENT directly without EEA FAMILY PERMIT or EEA RESIDENCE CARD. you should have applied first EEA FM under EEA FREEMOVEMENT LAW . it can take 6 months and when it's approved then you can apply EU SETTLEMENT .. for unmarried no RESIDENCE CARD = NO RIGHT under EEA Law

here is the link. please apply before it's too late. this route will be closed on december 2020.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -03-19.pdf
I agree, I believe you will need to apply for a Residence Card before you are able to join the EU Settlement scheme. Just a correction to the comment above, rather than applying for the EEA Family Member residence card (the link provided), as you are unmarried to your partner, you should use the EEA EXTENDED Family Member form (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rm-eea-efm).

From what you've described, it seems like you have sufficient evidence to be granted this residence card.

murmurka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by murmurka » Wed May 13, 2020 7:15 pm

lee123123123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:42 pm
lee123123123 wrote:
My timeline:
Hi. Would you mind sharing your email to MP? I might need to contact my MP as well, I submitted my application on 16 Jan, Biometrics 20 Jan, COA 5 Mar, no decision so far..

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi
Anyone waiting since November or earlier ??? I applied mid November 2019 and despite several efforts still waiting. Everytime its the same answer i get “ its under process”

Misfits
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Misfits » Wed May 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Hi Alijee,

Yes I have been waiting since September 2019, for 6 months straight I called and they told me the same thing “it’s in process keep on eye on your email..”
It was after I contacted my MP , then they emailed me a week later asking for more information.